Modelling in Ecomomic Evaluation: An Unavoidable Fact of Life
AbstractThe role of modelling in economic evaluation is explored by discussing, with examples, the uses of models. The expanded use of pragmatic clinical trials as an alternative to models is discussed. Some suggestions for good modelling practice are made. © 1997 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 6 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Afschin Gandjour & Amiram Gafni, 2013. "Internal validation of models with several interventions," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 14(6), pages 901-909, December.
- Cleemput, Irina & Kesteloot, Katrien & DeGeest, Sabina, 2002. "A review of the literature on the economics of noncompliance. Room for methodological improvement," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 65-94, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Culyer, Anthony J., 2011.
"Four decades of health economics through a bibliometric lens,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5829, The World Bank.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Culyer, Anthony J., 2012. "Four decades of health economics through a bibliometric lens," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 406-439.
- Freemantle, Nick, 1999. "Does the UK National Health Service need a fourth hurdle for pharmaceutical reimbursement to encourage the more efficient prescribing of pharmaceuticals?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 255-265, March.
- van Os, Nicole & Niessen, Louis W. & Bilo, Henk J. G. & Casparie, Anton F. & van Hout, Ben A., 2000. "Diabetes nephropathy in the Netherlands: a cost effectiveness analysis of national clinical guidelines," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 135-147, April.
- Hossein Haji Ali Afzali & Jonathan Karnon & Jodi Gray, 2012. "A proposed model for economic evaluations of major depressive disorder," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 501-510, August.
- Sun-Young Kim & Sue Goldie, 2008. "Cost-Effectiveness Analyses of Vaccination Programmes," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 191-215, March.
- Cannon, Jeffrey W. & Mueller, Ute A. & Hornbuckle, Janet & Larson, Ann & Simmer, Karen & Newnham, John P. & Doherty, Dorota A., 2013. "Economic implications of poor access to antenatal care in rural and remote Western Australian Aboriginal communities: An individual sampling model of pregnancy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(2), pages 313-324.
- Cookson, Richard & Hutton, John, 2003. "Regulating the economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals and medical devices: a European perspective," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 167-178, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.