Management of perceived e-business risks in food-supply networks: e-trust as prerequisite for supply-chain system innovation
AbstractVertical coordination in food networks is characterized by dynamically changing supply and marketing relationships. E-business provides support and improvement options for vertical coordination processes in food networks. However, adoption of e-business in food networks is low as available e-business offers, as the communication of safeguards for trust and control as a basis for the transaction decision is not realized appropriately. This article analyzes decision preferences for trust generation as the basis for the design of e-business environments for food networks. The analytic hierarchy process is applied to prioritize preferences for different transaction scenarios in food networks. © 2008 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 24 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Partovi, Fariborz Y., 2007. "An analytical model of process choice in the chemical industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 213-227, January.
- Wei, Chun-Chin & Chien, Chen-Fu & Wang, Mao-Jiun J., 2005. "An AHP-based approach to ERP system selection," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 47-62, April.
- Hausen, Tobias & Fritz, Melanie & Schiefer, Gerhard, 2006. "Potential of electronic trading in complex supply chains: An experimental study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 580-597, December.
- Zak, Paul J & Knack, Stephen, 2001. "Trust and Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 295-321, April.
- Saaty, Thomas L., 1990. "How to make a decision: The analytic hierarchy process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 9-26, September.
- Fritz, Melanie & Hausen, Tobias & Schiefer, Gerhard, 2004. "Developments and Development Directions of Electronic Trade Platforms in US and European Agri-Food Markets: Impact on Sector Organization," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 7(01).
- Jayashankar M. Swaminathan & Sridhar R. Tayur, 2003. "Models for Supply Chains in E-Business," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 49(10), pages 1387-1406, October.
- Hennessy, David A., 1996.
"Information Asymmetry As a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration,"
Staff General Research Papers, Iowa State University, Department of Economics
5032, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David A. Hennessy, 1996. "Information Asymmetry as a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1034-1043.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.