Quality level and price in Japanese apple market
AbstractThis research quantitatively analyzed the relationship between selected internal apple characteristics and prices. It shows that wholesale prices for apples in Japan are very associated with brix, acid, and juice content. In the final analysis, the current prices and quality of apples imported from New Zealand and the United States cannot be competitive with Japanese ones. It is necessary to improve the quality of apples and lower the price in order to gain the popularity of imported apples among Japanese consumers. © 1998 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levhari, David & Srinivasan, T N, 1969. "Durability of Consumption Goods: Competition Versus Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 102-07, March.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Thomas I. Wahl & Hongqi Shi & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 1995. "A hedonic price analysis of quality characteristics of Japanese wagyu beef," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 35-44.
- Morgan, Karen J & Metzen, Edward J & Johnson, S R, 1979. " An Hedonic Index for Breakfast Cereals," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 67-75, June.
- Michael T. Carroll & James L. Anderson & Josué Mart�nez-Garmendia, 2001. "Pricing U.S. North Atlantic bluefin tuna and implications for management," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 243-254.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.