Unilateral reforms, trade blocs, and law of one price: MERCOSUR rice markets
AbstractThe current study tests for the law of one price (LOP) in MERCOSUR rice markets and between the MERCOSUR and major rice exporters in the light of recent Argentinean and Brazilian unilateral reforms and regional integration. Johansen's multivariate cointegration testing procedures support the existence of the LOP in both instances in the post- (but not the pre-) unilateral reform and regional integration period. This is consistent with the notion that bloc and nonbloc members can both enjoy the benefits of unilateral reforms by a bloc member when the external bloc tariff is not prohibitive. © 1998 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Delpachitra, S. B. & St Hill, R. L., 1994. "The law of one price: a test based on prices for selected inputs in New Zealand agriculture," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 297-305, May.
- Paul Krugman, 1991.
"The move toward free trade zones,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Nov, pages 5-25.
- Paul Krugman, 1991. "The move toward free trade zones," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 7-58.
- Michael, Panos & Nobay, A Robert & Peel, David, 1994. "Purchasing power parity yet again: evidence from spatially separated commodity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 637-657, December.
- Dwi Susanto & C. Parr Rosson & Flynn J Adcock, 2008. "Market integration and convergence to the law of one price in the North American onion markets," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 177-191.
- Yavapolkul, Navin & Gopinath, Munisamy & Gulati, Ashok, 2004. "Post-Uruguay Round price linkages between developed and developing countries," MTID discussion papers 76, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.