Asymmetric price response behavior of Red Delicious apples
AbstractA three-step econometric modeling process incorporating lag lengths, causality, and asymmetric relationships was employed to evaluate the Red Delicious apple market. Results suggest that price responses in the Western, North Central, and Northeastern regions are asymmetric, do not occur immediately, and are not centered at the wholesale market level. Shipping point prices are symmetric in response to changes in wholesale and retail market prices. However, wholesale prices in each region react asymmetrically to changes in the shipping point price and|or the region's retail price. North Central consumers see retail prices change more in response to increases in shipping point prices than decreases. © 1997 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 13 (1997)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel H. Pick & Jeffrey Karrenbrock & Hoy F. Carman, 1990. "Price asymmetry and marketing margin behavior: An example for California-Arizona citrus," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 75-84.
- Bailey, DeeVon & Brorsen, B. Wade, 1989. "Price Asymmetry In Spatial Fed Cattle Markets," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(02), December.
- Bernard, John C. & Willett, Lois Schertz, 1996. "Asymmetric Price Relationships In The U.S. Broiler Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), December.
- Goetz, Linde & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2007.
"Asymmetric Price Transmission In The Israeli Citrus Export Sector In The Aftermath Of Liberalization,"
47th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 26-28, 2007
7594, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan & Goetz, Linde, 2007. "Asymmetric Price Transmission in the Israeli Citrus Export Sector in the Aftermath of Liberalization," 103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain 9385, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan & Loy, Jens-Peter & Meyer, Jochen, 2003. "The Impact Of Data Aggregation On The Measurement Of Vertical Price Transmission: Evidence From German Food Prices," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21987, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Girapunthong, Napaporn & VanSickle, John J. & Renwick, Alan W., 2003. "Price Asymmetry In The United States Fresh Tomato Market," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 34(03), November.
- Stephan von Cramon-Taubadel & Jens-Peter Loy & Jochen Meyer, 2006. "The impact of cross-sectional data aggregation on the measurement of vertical price transmission: An experiment with German food prices," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 505-522.
- Digal, Larry N. & Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z., 2002. "Market power analysis in the retail food industry: a survey of methods," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(4), December.
- Oral Capps & Pablo Sherwell, 2007. "Alternative approaches in detecting asymmetry in farm-retail price transmission of fluid milk," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 313-331.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.