Export demand for US orange juice: Impacts of US export promotion programs
AbstractExport demand for US frozen concentrated orange juice (FCOJ) was estimated with special focus on the impacts of export promotion programs based on annual observations from 1984 to 1992. The study was based on exports to France, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Results indicate that own-price, real exchange rate of the importing country in most cases, and trend had a negative relationship with US FCOJ exports; while the price of Brazilian FCOJ exports, the real income (GNP) of the importing country, and export promotion programs were positively related to US FCOJ exports. © 1997 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 13 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nogueira, Lia & Chouinard, Hayley H., 2006. "The Effects of Reducing Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) Barriers to Trade on the Washington State Apple Industry," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21433, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Cong Tru Le & Harry M. Kaiser & William Tomek, 1998.
"Export promotion and import demand for US red meat in selected Pacific Rim countries,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 95-105.
- Le, Cong Tru & Kaiser, Harry M. & Tomek, William G., 1997. "Export Promotion and Import Demand for U.8. Red Meat in Selected Pacific Rim Countries," Research Bulletins 122808, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Freixanet, Joan, 2012. "Export promotion programs: Their impact on companies’ internationalization performance and competitiveness," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1065-1086.
- Pimbucha Rusmevichientong & Harry M. Kaiser, 2009. "Measuring the effectiveness of U.S. rice export promotion programs," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 215-230.
- Haydée Calderón & Teresa Fayós & Amparo Cervera, 2005. "A Model for valuation of government export promotion policies: An empirical analysis in the spanish context from a market oriented perspective," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 34-49, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.