A hedonic price analysis of quality characteristics of Japanese wagyu beef
AbstractUnderstanding the implicit valuations of beef characteristics in the Japanese market has important policy implications for the U.S. beef industry. Hedonic price analysis was used to estimate beef characteristics values in Japan. Japanese Wagyu beef auction data were used in the analysis. © 1995 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 11 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ladd, George W & Zober, Martin, 1977. " Model of Consumer Reaction to Product Characteristics," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(2), pages 89-101, Se.
- Morgan, Karen J & Metzen, Edward J & Johnson, S R, 1979. " An Hedonic Index for Breakfast Cereals," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 67-75, June.
- Bierens, H.J., 1989.
"A consistent conditional moment test of functional form,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0064, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Bierens, Herman J, 1990. "A Consistent Conditional Moment Test of Functional Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1443-58, November.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-93, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Singh-Knights, Doolarie & Smith, Dennis K. & Knights, Marlon, 2005. "A Hedonic Analysis of Sheep and Goat Prices in a Changing Environment: The Role of Consumers and Implications for Management," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19289, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chikako Kajikawa, 1998. "Quality level and price in Japanese apple market," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 227-234.
- Samikwa, Duncan D. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Sanders, Larry D., 1998. "Hedonic Prices Of Malawi Burley Tobacco," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 1(01).
- Estes, Edmund A. & Smith, V. Kerry, 1996. "Price, Quality, And Pesticide Related Health Risk Considerations In Fruit And Vegetable Purchases: An Hedonic Analysis Of Tucson, Arizona Supermarkets," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 27(3), October.
- Farrell, Terence C. & Hopkins, David L., 2007. "A hedonic Model of Lamb Carcass Attributes," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 15.
- Toshihiro Okubo, 2013. "Energy-saving regulations and commodity prices," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(1), pages 93-132, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.