The Financial Crisis in South-East Asia – Its Impact on Austria
AbstractAt present it is not possible to gauge the extent of the financial and economic crisis in South-East Asia. The effect of this crisis on Austria will, however, remain marginal: there are few direct trade links between Austria and the countries in question (exports to these countries amount only to 1½ percent of total exports). Austria's main trading partners are not greatly affected and the European economy has recently taken an upward turn. Moreover, Austrian banks are not very active in Asia's loans extended to this region amount to only 1¼ percent of total foreign loans outstanding. Nonetheless, the current crisis should be taken as an opportunity to regulate and stabilize exchange rates between major currencies and the international financial system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by WIFO in its journal Quarterly.
Volume (Year): 3 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
The Financial Crisis in South-East Asia – Its Impact on Austria;
Other versions of this item:
- Franz R. Hahn & Markus Marterbauer & Stephan Schulmeister & Jan Stankovsky, 1998. "The Financial Crisis in South-East Asia: Its Impact on Austria," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 71(3), pages 141-153, March.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asea, Patrick K. & Blomberg, Brock, 1998.
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 89-128.
- Asea, P.K. & Blomberg, S.B., 1997. "Lending Cycles," Papers 97-01, Wellesley College - Department of Economics.
- Patrick K. Asea & S. Brock Blomberg, 1997. "Lending Cycles," NBER Working Papers 5951, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Asea & S. Brook Blomberg, 1997. "Lending Cycles," UCLA Economics Working Papers 764, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Graciela Kaminsky & Saul Lizondo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998.
"Leading Indicators of Currency Crises,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul, 1998. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," MPRA Paper 6981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1997. "Leading indicators of currency crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1852, The World Bank.
- Graciela Laura Kaminsky, 1997. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," IMF Working Papers 97/79, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.