AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to pull together the emerging theoretical and empirical literature on the economics of child labour, and to draw out the underlying commonalities between various contributions in this field. In doing so, the authors also identify various policy options and their relative merits.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE in its journal World Economics Journal.
Volume (Year): 2 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Runa Ray & Biswajit Chatterjee, 2010. "Impact of Restrictive Trade Policy on Adult Unemployment, Welfare and the Incidence of Child Labour -A Three Sector General Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 8(1), pages 148-161, January.
- Pallage, Stephane & Zimmermann, Christian, 2007.
"Buying out child labor,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 75-90, March.
- Mukherjee, Dipa, 2010. "Child workers in India: an overview of macro dimensions," MPRA Paper 35049, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Ray, R., 2001.
"Simultaneous Analysis of Child Labour and Child Schooling: Comparative Evidence from Nepal and Pakistan,"
2001-04, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Ranjan Ray, 2001. "Simultaneous Analysis of Child Labour and Child Schooling: Comparative Evidence from Nepal and Pakistan," ASARC Working Papers 2001-10, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan, 2003. "Children in Different Activities: Child Schooling and Child Labour," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(2), pages 137-160.
- Satya P. Das & Rajat Deb, 2003. "Policies to combat child labor: A dynamic analysis," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Amit, Kundu & Anwesha, Das, 2010. "Some Unexplored Economics of Roaming Child Workers," MPRA Paper 23593, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Jun 2010.
- Dwibedi, Jayanta & Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2010. "Child labour in the presence of agricultural dualism: possible cures," MPRA Paper 23487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gersbach, Hans & Siemers, Lars, 2005. "Can Democracy Educate a Society?," IZA Discussion Papers 1693, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dwibedi, Jayanta & Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2011. "Poverty alleviation programs, FDI-led growth and child labour under agricultural dualism," MPRA Paper 29997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2010. "Foreign Direct Investment, Child Labour and Unemployment of Unskilled Labour in a Dual Economy," MPRA Paper 20610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ed Jones).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.