Methodological Basis for Macroeconomic Projections in Countries Exposed to Pressures and Shocks: Example of Serbia
AbstractThe presented Macroeconomic Projections Model is based on a “pre-established” model for projecting the balance of payment linked with the balance of gross domestic product use. Such a model is the “authentic! one, designed by authors, i.e. based on a no theoretical concept of modelling the macroeconomic equilibrium, but it has a “heuristic” (experiential) character. The idea for designing such a model comes from the fact that theoretical models involve numerous equations that are to be solved, with numerous parameters to be estimated, including also the problem of linearity (smoothness) of longterm analytical curves, as well as the problem of an undeveloped market, a closed economy or an economy that is fragile in its relations with foreign countries, the problem of “turning” points, different internal or external shocks, etc.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia in its journal Panoeconomicus.
Volume (Year): 57 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.panoeconomicus.rs/
Macroeconomic projections; GDP deflators; Modelling; Sustainability.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Mitchell & Bache, I.W., Ravazzolo, F., Vahey, S.P., 2009.
"Macro Modelling with Many Models,"
NIESR Discussion Papers
337, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivana Horvat) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ivana Horvat to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.