Coefficient of Structural Concordance and an Example of its Application: Labour Productivity and Wages in Slovenia
AbstractThe article presents the underlying principles, derivation and properties of a simple descriptive measure of concordance between two analogous rank structures that we call the coefficient of structural concordance. It is based upon the idea of Kendalls coefficient of concordance, which we extend to two rank structures. As the coefficient of structural concordance is a pure intergroup measure of concordance, it is designed to complement the Kendalls intragroup coefficient of concordance. We apply this descriptive measure by exploring the relationship between wages and labour productivity in Slovenia for the period 19982007. We are able to confirm the hypothesis of high concordance between wages and labour productivity, which indicates a stimulative role of wages in production of market traded goods and services.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia in its journal Panoeconomicus.
Volume (Year): 56 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.panoeconomicus.rs/
Coefficient of structural concordance; Kendalls coefficient of concordance; Labour productivity; Slovenia; Value added per employee; Wages.;
Other versions of this item:
- Verbic, Miroslav & Kuzmin, Franc, 2008. "Coefficient of Structural Concordance and an Example of its Application: Labour Productivity and Wages in Slovenia," MPRA Paper 25522, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grzegorzewski, Przemyslaw, 2006. "The coefficient of concordance for vague data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 314-322, November.
- Lawrence Hubert, 1979. "Generalized concordance," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 135-142, June.
- W. Schucany & W. Frawley, 1973. "A rank test for two group concordance," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 249-258, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivana Horvat) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ivana Horvat to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.