Brief Evaluation On The Process Of Accomplishing The Inflation Criterion In The Eu New Member States
AbstractThe paper presents briefly the evolution of inflation over the period August 2008 - November 2010 for the new member states (NMS) of the EU, which are on the waiting list to adopt the Euro (in a random order, they are Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland and Romania). The analysis of the process of accomplishing the nominal criterion of inflation also refers to some criticisms regarding the way in which the reference value for inflation is calculated, because the European authorities (European Commission, and European Central Bank) also used negative values for the calculation of this indicator.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu" in its journal Studii Financiare (Financial Studies).
Volume (Year): 14 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucuresti
Phone: 004 021 3182419
Fax: 004 021 3182419
Web page: http://www.icfm.ro/
More information through EDIRC
inflation criterion; economic recession; adopting the euro; new member states;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.