XML in Traceability Systems for Food Supply Chain
AbstractThe most recent hardware and software developments from the information and communication technology domain generate a significant influence over the business environment. An important influence is generated over the companies involved in supply chain due to the interaction of different organizations; a special approach must be taken into consideration for food supply chain because the food safety and quality represent a very sensitive problem. This paper will present a general overview of the food safety and XML main issues and will describe how XML can be used in food traceability systems. Conclusions and future directions of the research are discussed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Valahia University of Targoviste, Faculty of Economic Science in its journal Valahian Journal of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 3 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
food supply chain; food traceability systems; XML; information systems;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Veronica STEFAN).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.