Offerta di attivita` gratuita in Italia: un’analisi micro-econometrica
AbstractThis paper studies the factors that determine unpaid labour in a voluntary organization, a political party and a trade union. Official data has been taken from Indagine Multiscopo sulla Famiglia, Aspetti della Vita Quotidiana (1997), of the National Institute of Statistics (ISTAT). In particular, the study looks at whether the decision to do voluntary work is a consumer activity and/or an investment activity. Empirical evidence shows that the supply of employed volunteers in a voluntary organization presents characteristics both of consumer and investment activity. The investment motive drives the employed individuals to offer time to a political party and a trade union, while the private consumer and the relational goods consumer encourage unemployed individuals to donate time to a voluntary organization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in its journal Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali.
Volume (Year): 117 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
voluntary work; social capital; relational goods;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Damiano Fiorillo, 2012.
"Volunteer work and domain satisfactions: evidence from Italy,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(2), pages 97-124, January.
- Damiano Fiorillo, 2010. "Volunteer work and domain satisfactions: Evidence from Italy," Discussion Papers 6_2010, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vep - Vita e Pensiero).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.