La vicenda del partenariato euromediterraneo: prospettive e percorsi di integrazione
AbstractCountries agreeing to Euro-Mediterranean Partnership show different levels of development, so that they are far from converging in per capita GDP growth rates. As shown by literature, an important role in growth can be played by foreign direct investment (FDI). Beta and Sigma approaches to convergence are applied to prove the absence of gaps reduction in the area, and the importance of FDI in a context where less developed countries do not attract FDI as much as other developing countries. Persistency matrix and fuzzy clustering methods are then applied to verify the composition and stability in time of “convergence clubs”.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in its journal Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali.
Volume (Year): 112 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Euro-Mediterranean Partnership; foreign direct investment; convergence; convergence clubs; persistency matrix; fuzzy clustering.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vep - Vita e Pensiero).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.