Price Formation in Farm Land Markets
AbstractFour models of price formation, incorporating search and bargaining concepts, were specified for an Australian farm land market. The models were estimated using primary data obtained from land buyers. A sequential, four-equation model of buyer/seller behavior was selected as conceptually superior. Substantively, final prices were closer to buyers' bid prices than sellers' offer prices; buyers valued soil conservation and proximity to town more highly, and property productivity and size less highly, than the sellers; and market information had a positive influence on price. In this area, education may be preferable to subsidies for achieving soil conservation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 70 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ciaian, Pavel, & Kancs, d’Artis & Swinnen, Jo & Van Herck, Kristine & Vranken, Liesbet, 2012. "Sales Market Regulations for Agricultural Land in EU Member States and Candidate Countries," Factor Markets Working Papers 116, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Darrell L. Hueth, 1995. "The Use of Subsidies to Achieve Efficient Resource Allocation in Upland Watersheds," IDB Publications 39158, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Huttel, Silke & Jetzinger, Simon & Odening, Martin, 2012.
"Forced Sales and Farmland Prices,"
Structural Change in Agriculture/Strukturwandel im Agrarsektor (SiAg) Working Papers
129063, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Huttel, Silke & Jetzinger, Simon & Odening, Martin, 2012. "Forced Sales And Farmland Prices," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 133413, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Odening, Martin & Jetzinger, Simon & Huettel, Silke, 2013. "Forced Sales and Farmland Prices," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150274, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Adam Arsenault & James Nolan & Richard Schoney & Donald Gilchrist, 2012. "Outstanding in the Field: Evaluating Auction Markets for Farmland Using Multi-Agent Simulation," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 15(1), pages 11.
- Angelovska, Neda Petroska & Ackovska, Marija & Bojnec, Štefan, 2012. "Agricultural Land Markets and Land Leasing in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia," Factor Markets Working Papers 113, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Cotteleer, Geerte & Gardebroek, Cornelis, 2006. "Bargaining and market power in a GIS-based hedonic pricing model of the agricultural land market," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21255, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.