The Effects of Greenbelts on Residential Property Values: Some Findings on the Political Economy of Open Space
AbstractConservation easements allow landowners to collect earnings from their land, while reducing their tax burdens because the land cannot be sold into development. Conservation assures open space amenities for nearby residents, however, the residents bear a ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 54 (1978)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Asabere & Forrest Huffman, 2009. "The Relative Impacts of Trails and Greenbelts on Home Price," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 408-419, May.
- Stefania Tonin & Margherita Turvani, 2011. "Environmental contamination and industrial real estate market: an application of hedonic price method in Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa10p511, European Regional Science Association.
- Espey, Molly & Owusu-Edusei, Kwame, 2001. "Neighborhood Parks And Residential Property Values In Greenville, South Carolina," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(03), December.
- Anderson, Soren T. & West, Sarah E., 2006. "Open space, residential property values, and spatial context," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 773-789, November.
- Kriesel, Warren & Mullen, Jeffrey D., 2009. "Alternative Housing Development Strategies in Georgia's Coastal Marshlands," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49514, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tajibaeva, Liaila & Haight, Robert G. & Polasky, Stephen, 2008.
"A discrete-space urban model with environmental amenities,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 170-196, May.
- Tajibaeva, Liaila & Haight, Robert G. & Polasky, Stephen, 2003. "A Discrete Space Urban Model With Environmental Amenities," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21907, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alexandre Tangerini & Nils Soguel, 2005. "Evaluation monétaire de la qualité de paysage / Evaluation of the landscape quality," Urban/Regional 0507007, EconWPA.
- Bergstrom, John C., 1998. "Exploring And Expanding The Landscape Values Terrain," Faculty Series 16653, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Alexandre Tangerini & Nils Soguel, 2005. "Evaluation monétaire de la qualité du paysage. Monetary valuation of the landscape quality," Urban/Regional 0507002, EconWPA.
- Truesdell, Marie K. & Bergstrom, John C. & Dorfman, Jeffrey H., 2006. "Regulatory Takings and the Diminution of Value: An Empirical Analysis of Takings and Givings," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(03), December.
- Bergstrom, John C., 2001. "The Role And Value Of Natural Capital In Regional Landscapes," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(02), August.
- Abbott, Joshua K. & Klaiber, H. Allen, 2010. "Is all space created equal? Uncovering the relationship between competing land uses in subdivisions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 296-307, December.
- Espey, Molly & Owusu-Edusei, Kwame, 2001. "Demographics And The Value Of Park Proximity In Greenville, South Carolina," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20711, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Halstead, John M., 1984. "Measuring the Nonmarket Value of Massachusetts Agricultural Land: A Case Study," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 13(1:), April.
- Bergstrom, John C., 2001. "Postproductivism And Rural Land Values," Faculty Series 16689, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.