A Hedonic Model of Prices and Assessments for Single-Family Homes: Does the Assessor Follow the Market or the Market Follow the Assessor?
AbstractIn this paper, hedonic regressions are used to analyze a seven-year sample of monthly sales of bungalows in Chicago. Even when sales are considered within individual sections of Chicago, the FHA dummy-independent variable and the `points'-independent ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 51 (1975)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gary C. Cornia & Barrett A. Slade, 2005. "Property Taxation of Multifamily Housing: An Empirical Analysis of Vertical and Horizontal Equity and Assessment Methods," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 27(1), pages 17-46.
- Gill Lim, 1982. "Discrimination, time-lag, and assessment inequity in black neighborhoods," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 15-28, September.
- Cotteleer, Geerte & Stobbe, Tracy & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2008.
"Expert Opinion Versus Transaction Evidence: Using The Reilly Index To Measure Open Space Premiums In The Urban-Rural Fringe,"
107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain
6705, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Geerte Cotteleer & Tracy Stobbe & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2008. "Expert Opinion versus Transaction Evidence: Using the Reilly Index to Measure Open Space premiums in the Urban-Rural Fringe," Working Papers 2008-06, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Cotteleer, Geerte & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2012. "Expert opinion versus actual transaction evidence in the valuation of non-market amenities," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 32-40.
- Brannman, Lance & Buongiorno, Joseph & Fight, Roger, 1981. "Quality Adjusted Price Indices For Douglas-Fir Timber," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 6(02), December.
- Shi, Song & Young, Martin & Hargreaves, Bob, 2009. "Issues in measuring a monthly house price index in New Zealand," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 336-350, December.
- Robert Inman, 1978. "Testing political economy’s ‘as if’ proposition: is the median income voter really decisive?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 45-65, December.
- Olivier Parent & Rainer Hofe, 2013. "Understanding the impact of trails on residential property values in the presence of spatial dependence," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 355-375, October.
- William C. Goolsby, 1997. "Assessment Error in the Valuation of Owner-Occupied Housing," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(1), pages 33-46.
- Stephen Malpezzi, . "Hedonic Pricing Models: A Selective and Applied Review," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 02-05, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.