The Consumption Value of Schooling: An Empirical Estimate of One Aspect
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to demonstrate by example that human capital is more than just a capital good in the strictest sense of the term. Certain forms of human capital have consumption value in addition to the value of the increased stream of future monetary and nonmonetary benefits. A method for empirically estimating the consumption value of schooling as a vehicle to avoid the Vietnam War draft is presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Journal of Human Resources.
Volume (Year): 24 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://jhr.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria K. Humlum & Kristin J. Kleinjans & Helena S. Nielsen, 2012.
"An Economic Analysis Of Identity And Career Choice,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(1), pages 39-61, 01.
- Humlum, Maria Knoth & Kleinjans, Kristin J. & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2007. "An Economic Analysis of Identity and Career Choice," IZA Discussion Papers 3120, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maria Knoth Humlum & Kristin J. Kleinjans & Helena Skyt Nielsen, 2007. "An Economic Analysis of Identity and Career Choice," Economics Working Papers 2007-14, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Alstadsí¦ter, Annette & Kolm, Ann-Sofie & Larsen, Birthe, 2008. "Money or joy: The choice of educational type," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 107-122, March.
- Annette Alstadsæter, 2011.
"Measuring the Consumption Value of Higher Education,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 57(3), pages 458-479, September.
- Annette AlstadsÃ¦ter, 2004. "Measuring the consumption value of higher education," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 40, Econometric Society.
- Annette Alstadsæter, 2009. "Measuring the Consumption Value of Higher Education," CESifo Working Paper Series 2799, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jones, Frank, 1995. "Capital humain et emploi du temps," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 1995079f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Annette Alstadsæter & Hans Henrik Sievertsen, 2009. "The Consumption Value of Higher Education," CESifo Working Paper Series 2871, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michal Franta & Martin Guzi, 2008.
"Unequal Access to Higher Education in the Czech Republic: The Role of Spatial Distribution of Universities,"
CERGE-EI Working Papers
wp350, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Franta, Michal & Guzi, Martin, 2012. "Unequal Access to Higher Education in the Czech Republic: The Role of Spatial Distribution of Universities," IZA Discussion Papers 6285, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jones, Frank, 1995. "Human Capital and the Use of Time," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1995079e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Iwahashi, Roki, 2007. "A theoretical assessment of regional development effects on the demand for general education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 387-394, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.