Salary Differentials by Sex in the Academic Labor Market
AbstractThis paper examines faculty time allocation decisions that are fundamental to the functioning of a university. A random-utility approach yields a grouped-data, multinomial logit model and predicts that time allocation decisions depend systematically on ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Journal of Human Resources.
Volume (Year): 22 (1987)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://jhr.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:fth:prinin:426 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marianne Bertrand & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001.
"The Gender gap in top corporate jobs,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 55(1), pages 3-21, October.
- Marianne Bertrand & Kevin Hallock, 1999. "The Gender Gap in Top Corporate Jobs," Working Papers 805, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Marianne Bertrand & Kevin F. Hallock, 2000. "The Gender Gap in Top Corporate Jobs," NBER Working Papers 7931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raquel Vale Mendes, 2004. "Decomposition of gender wage differentials among Portuguese top management jobs," ERSA conference papers ersa04p127, European Regional Science Association.
- Toutkoushian, Robert K., 1998. "Sex Matters Less for Younger Faculty: Evidence of Disaggregate Pay Disparities from the 1988 and 1993 NCES Surveys," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 55-71, February.
- Ward-Warmedinger, Melanie E., 1999. "Salary and the Gender Salary Gap in the Academic Profession," IZA Discussion Papers 64, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kim Sosin & Janet Rives & Janet West, 1998. "Unions and Gender Pay Equity in Academe: A Study of U.S. Institutions," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 25-45.
- repec:pri:indrel:805 is not listed on IDEAS
- Casey Warman & Frances Woolley & Christopher Worswick, 2006. "The Evolution of Male-Female Wages Differentials in Canadian Universities: 1970-2001," Working Papers 1099, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Richard D. Raymond & Michael L. Sesnowitz & Donald R. Williams, 1990. "The Effect of Disaggregation on Measures of Wage Discrimination in Academia," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 33-39, Jan-Mar.
- François Combarnous, 1997. "Discrimination et marché du travail urbain : Le cas d'Abidjan en Côte d'Ivoire," Documents de travail 15, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Donna K. Ginther & Kathy J. Hayes, 2001. "Gender differences in salary and promotion for faculty in the humanities, 1977–95," Working Paper 2001-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.