Guidelines For Promoting Science, Technology And Technicalâ€“Scientific Creativity, By Analyzing The Companiesâ€™ Performances, In The Context Of The Globalized Economy
AbstractIn this paper the Stochastic Frontier approach was used for the estimation and decomposition of manufacturing TFP growth in 14 EU member countries, drawing upon the EUâ€“KLEMS database. This study identifies some key issues: in the period 1970â€“2005, the TFP rate of change in the EU manufacturing sector constantly decreased, mainly due to the reduction in technical efficiency and, to a lesser extent, to the decline in the rate of growth of input factors and allocative efficiency. In the same period, the sector recorded considerable technical progress, which, nonetheless, did not offset the negative forces which pulled the EU TFP growth down, especially in the last decade of the sample period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova in its journal Journal of Applied Economic Sciences.
Volume (Year): 5 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3(13)/Fall 2010 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14
More information through EDIRC
globalization; new economy; technicalâ€“scientific progress; economic performance efficiency;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.