Financial And Legal Constraints To Firm Growth: The Case Of Italy
AbstractThe aim of this study is to confirm empirically the implications of the theory about the law-financegrowth nexus. In order to verify the predictions of the theory, a panel data including three different types of data is used. All the data are referred to Italian provinces. The empirical analysis shows that between firmsï¿½ growth and financial development there is a first-order relationship, while between firmsï¿½ growth and legal enforcement as measured by the efficiency of the judicial system there is a second-order relationship.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova in its journal Journal of Applied Economic Sciences.
Volume (Year): 3 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3(5)_Fall2008 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14
More information through EDIRC
enforcement; judicial efficiency; financial development; firmï¿½s growth;
Other versions of this item:
- Sarno, Domenico, 2008. "Financial And Legal Constraints To Firm Growth: Tha Case Of Italy," MPRA Paper 9558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- K4 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Filipe Silva & Carlos Carreira, 2012.
"Measuring Firms' Financial Constraints: A Rough Guide,"
Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, issue 36, pages 23-46, December.
- Filipe Silva & Carlos Carreira, 2012. "Measuring Firms' Financial Constraints: A Rough Guide," GEMF Working Papers 2012-14, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.