The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New (?) Reason for an Old Answer
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 87 (1979)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
Other versions of this item:
- Guillermo A. Galvo & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Carlos Alfredo Rodriguez, 1978. "The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New Reason for an Old Answer," UCLA Economics Working Papers 125, UCLA Department of Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Petrucci, Alberto, 2005.
"The Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent in a Small Open Economy,"
Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers
esdp05025, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Petrucci, Alberto, 2006. "The incidence of a tax on pure rent in a small open economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 921-933, May.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Summers, Lawrence H, 1981.
"The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 706-32, August.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Lawrence H. Summers, 1980. "The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation," NBER Working Papers 0445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marko Köthenbürger & Panu Poutvaara, 2007.
"Rent Taxation and its Intertemporal Welfare Effects in a Small Open Economy,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2158, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marko Koethenbuerger & Panu Poutvaara, 2009. "Rent taxation and its intertemporal welfare effects in a small open economy," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 16(5), pages 697-709, October.
- Koethenbuerger, Marko & Poutvaara, Panu, 2009. "Rent taxation and its intertemporal welfare effects in a small open economy," Munich Reprints in Economics 19461, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Nielsen, Soren Bo, 1996.
"Housing markets and vacant land,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 20(9-10), pages 1731-1762.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Nielsen, Soren Bo, 1994. "Housing Markets and Vacant Land," Economics Series 1, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Christian Keuschnigg & S›ren Bo Nielsen, . "Housing Markets and Vacant Land," EPRU Working Paper Series 95-18, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1987.
"A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 325-38, April.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1987. "A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1988.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 76-88, March.
- Yamazaki, Fukuju & Idee, Takako, 1997. "An Estimation of the Lock-In Effect of Capital Gains Taxation," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 82-104, March.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1989.
"Housing wealth and aggregate saving,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 305-324, May.
- Gahvari, Firouz, 2007. "The Friedman rule: Old and new," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 581-589, March.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1987.
Handbook of Public Economics,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 1043-1092
- Linus Mattauch & Jan Siegmeier & Ottmar Edenhofer & Felix Creutzig, 2013. "Financing Public Capital through Land Rent Taxation: A Macroeconomic Henry George Theorem," CESifo Working Paper Series 4280, CESifo Group Munich.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1996.
"The dynamic efficiency cost of not taxing housing,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 397-417, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.