An Econometric Model of the Flight to the Suburbs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 81 (1973)
Issue (Month): 3 (May-June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karen A. Kopecky & Richard M. H. Suen, 2010.
"A Quantitative Analysis Of Suburbanization And The Diffusion Of The Automobile,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1003-1037, November.
- Kopecky, Karen A. & Suen, Richard M. H., 2009. "A Quantitative Analysis of Suburbanization and the Diffusion of the Automobile," MPRA Paper 13258, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karen A. Kopecky & Richard M. H. Suen, 2009. "A Quantitative Analysis of Suburbanization and the Diffusion of the Automobile," Working Papers 200901, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2009.
- Marlon G. Boarnet & Saksith Chalermpong & Elizabeth Geho, 2005.
"Specification issues in models of population and employment growth,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(1), pages 21-46, 03.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & Chalermpong, Saksith & Geho, Elizabeth, 2001. "Specification Issues in Models of Population and Employment Growth," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5fn0m74n, University of California Transportation Center.
- Kenneth Small, 1979. "Land Use Goals in Transportation Policy: The Case of Central City Decline," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 429-443, December.
- Leah Platt Boustan, 2010.
"Was Postwar Suburbanization "White Flight"? Evidence from the Black Migration,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 125(1), pages 417-443, February.
- Leah Platt Boustan, 2007. "Was Postwar Suburbanization "White Flight"? Evidence from the Black Migration," NBER Working Papers 13543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Robert W. Helsley, 2009.
"Sprawl and Blight,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2792, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ross, Stephen L., 1998. "Racial Differences in Residential and Job Mobility: Evidence Concerning the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 112-135, January.
- Funderburg, Richard G. & Nixon, Hilary & Boarnet, Marlon G. & Ferguson, Gavin, 2010. "New highways and land use change: Results from a quasi-experimental research design," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 76-98, February.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & Chalermpong, Saksith, 2002. "New Highways, Induced Travel, and Urban Growth Patterns: A "Before and After" Test," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt7426232j, University of California Transportation Center.
- Ellen, Ingrid Gould & O'Regan, Katherine, 2010. "Crime and urban flight revisited: The effect of the 1990s drop in crime on cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 247-259, November.
- Alain Bertraud & Stephen Malpezzi, 2001. "The Spatial Distribution of Population in 35 World Cities: The Role of Markets, Planning, and Topography," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 01-03, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Ray Burnham & Robert Feinberg & Thomas Husted, 2004. "Central city crime and suburban economic growth," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 917-922.
- Miriam Hortas Rico, 2013. "Sprawl, blight and the role of urban containment policies. Evidence from US cities," Working Papers 2013/2, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Bayoh, Isaac & Irwin, Elena G. & Haab, Timothy C., 2002. "Flight From Blight Vs. Natural Evolution: Determinats Of Household Residential Location Choice And Suburbanization," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19668, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Julie Berry Cullen & Steven D. Levitt, 1996.
"Crime, Urban Flight, and the Consequences for Cities,"
NBER Working Papers
5737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Steven D. Levitt, 1999. "Crime, Urban Flight, And The Consequences For Cities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 159-169, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.