Higher Education, Mental Ability, and Screening
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 81 (1973)
Issue (Month): 1 (Jan.-Feb.)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James L. Medoff, 1978. "The Earnings Function: A Glimpse Inside the Black Box," NBER Working Papers 0224, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steve F Koch & Ssekabira Ntege, 2008.
"Returns to Schooling: Skills Accumulation or Information Revelation?,"
87, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Steven F. Koch & S. Ssekabira Ntege, 2008. "Returns To Schooling: Skills Accumulation Or Information Revelation?," Working Papers 200812, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Colm Harmon & Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2004.
"Does Education Raise Productivity, or Just Reflect it?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(499), pages F499-F517, November.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Colm Harmon & Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2003. "Does education raise productivity, or just reflect it?," Working Papers 200304, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Chevalier, Arnaud & Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian & Zhu, Yu, 2003. "Does Education Raise Productivity or Just Reflect It?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3993, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chung, Kee H. & Pruitt, Stephen W., 1996. "Executive ownership, corporate value, and executive compensation: A unifying framework," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 1135-1159, August.
- Edward N. Wolff & Joel Hay, 1977. "Educational Screening and Occupational Earnings," NBER Working Papers 0174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Denis Maguain, 2007. "Les rendements de l'éducation en comparaison internationale," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 180(4), pages 87-106.
- Song, Moohoun & Orazem, Peter F. & Wohlgemuth, Darin, 2008.
"The role of mathematical and verbal skills on the returns to graduate and professional education,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 664-675, December.
- Song, Moohoun & Orazem, Peter & Wohlgemuth, Darin, 2007. "The Role of Mathematical and Verbal Skills on the Returns to Graduate and Professional Education," Staff General Research Papers 12843, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Clark, 2000. "Signalling and Screening in a Transition Economy: Three Empirical Models Applied to Russia," CERT Discussion Papers 0003, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- repec:fth:prinin:328 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tayyeb Shabbir, 1991. "Sheepskin Effects in the Returns to Education in a Developing Country," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 1-19.
- repec:fth:prinin:365 is not listed on IDEAS
- Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso & Light, Audrey, 2009.
"Interpreting Degree Effects in the Returns to Education,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4169, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alfonso Flores-Lagunes & Audrey Light, 2010. "Interpreting Degree Effects in the Returns to Education," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(2).
- Albrecht, James W., 1980.
"A Procedure for Testing the Signalling Hypothesis,"
Working Paper Series
29, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- John H. Tyler, 2002.
"Basic Skills and the Earnings of Dropouts,"
2002-09, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Uusitalo, Roope, 1999. "Return to education in Finland," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 569-580, November.
- John G. Riley, 2001. "Silver Signals: Twenty-Five Years of Screening and Signaling," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 432-478, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.