The Determinants of Industrial Research and Development: A Study of the Chemical, Drug, and Petroleum Industries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal The Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 76 (1968)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chia Lin, CHANG & Stephane, ROBIN, 2004. "Doing R&D and Importing Technology : an Empirical Investigation on Taiwan’s manufacturing firms," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2004006, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Cassiman, Bruno & Colombo, Massimo & Garrone, Paola & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2003. "Impact of M&A on the R&D process. An empirical analysis of the role of technological and market relatedness, The," IESE Research Papers D/500, IESE Business School.
- Garcia-Vega, Maria, 2006. "Does technological diversification promote innovation?: An empirical analysis for European firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 230-246, March.
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch, 2005. "Entrepreneurship and Innovation," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-21, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Galende, Jesus & de la Fuente, Juan Manuel, 2003. "Internal factors determining a firm's innovative behaviour," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 715-736, May.
- John J. Beggs, 1981. "The Dynamic Interaction Between Industry Level Profits and Research and Development," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 588, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2001.
"Wages and Productivity Growth in a Dynamic Monopoly,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2707, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2004. "Wages and productivity growth in a dynamic monopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 83-100, January.
- Helmut Bester & Emmanuel Petrakis, . "Wages and Productivity Growth in a Dynamic Monopoly," Papers 012, Departmental Working Papers.
- Michael J. Orlando, 2002. "Measuring R & D spillovers : on the importance of geographic and technological proximity," Research Working Paper RWP 02-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Denis Carré & Nadine Levratto & Messaoud Zouikri, 2010. "Analyse comparée de la productivité des firmes européennes à partir de données comptables: L'effet pays en cause," EconomiX Working Papers 2010-11, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Michael J. Orlando, 2000. "On the importance of geographic and technological proximity for R&D spillovers : an empirical investigation," Research Working Paper RWP 00-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Esteban Jaimovich, 2007.
"Sectoral Differentiation, Allocation of Talent, and Financial Development,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
59, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2009.
- Jaimovich, Esteban, 2011. "Sectoral differentiation, allocation of talent, and financial development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 47-60, September.
- Aw, Bee-Yan & Batra, Geeta, 1998. "Firm size and the pattern of diversification," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 313-331, May.
- Shah, Anwar & DEC, 1994. "The economics of research and development : how research and development capital affects production and markets and is affected by tax incentives," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1325, The World Bank.
- William Griffiths & Elizabeth Webster, 2009. "What Governs Firm-Level R&D: Internal or External Factors?," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2009n13, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Rutger P. Daems PhD & Edith L. Maes DBA, 2013. "Pharmaceutical Portfolio Management: Global Disease Burden and Corporate Performance Metrics," Working Papers 2013/07, Maastricht School of Management.
- Coronado, Daniel & Acosta, Manuel & Fernández, Ana, 2008. "Attitudes to innovation in peripheral economic regions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 1009-1021, July.
- Arthur W. Lake, 1976. "Foreign Competition and the UK," NBER Working Papers 0155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bastian Rake, 2012.
"Determinants of Pharmaceutical Innovation: The Role of Technological Opportunities Revisited,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2012-018, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Bastian Rake, 2013. "Determinants of Pharmaceutical Innovation: The Role of Technological Opportunities Revisited," DRUID Working Papers 13-03, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Magnani, Elisabetta, 2009. "How does technological innovation and diffusion affect inter-industry workers' mobility?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 16-37, March.
- Aoun, Dany & Hwang, Junseok, 2008. "The effects of cash flow and size on the investment decisions of ICT firms: A dynamic approach," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 120-134, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.