The Demand for State Regulation of the Electric Utility Industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Law & Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1978)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Continuing debate over the economic origins of electric utility regulation
by Michael Giberson in Knowledge Problem on 2013-09-24 04:49:37
- Barnett, A.H. & Reutter, Keith A. & Thompson, Henry, 2005. "The first step in restructuring the US electric industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-235, March.
- David Savitski, 2001. "Price Effects of Across-State Regulation of U.S. Electric Utilities," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 337-350, May.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2013.
"Incentive Regulation in Theory and Practice: Electricity Distribution and Transmission Networks,"
in: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul L Joskow, 2005. "Incentive Regulation In Theory And Practice - Electricity Distribution And Transmission Networks," Working Papers 0514, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, Paul L., 2005. "Incentive Regulation in Theory and Practice: Electricity Distribution and Transmission Networks," Working paper 255, Regulation2point0.
- Joskow, P.L., 2006. "Incentive Regulation in Theory and Practice: Electricity Distribution and Transmission Networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0607, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Potters, Jan & Sloof, Randolph, 1996.
"Interest groups: A survey of empirical models that try to assess their influence,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 403-442, November.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Sloof, R., 1996. "Interest groups: A survey of empirical models that try to assess their influence," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-73373, Tilburg University.
- Mixon Jr., Franklin G. & Upadhyaya, Kamal P., 1999. "The impact of economic regulation on attempts to curb expense preference behavior: a micro-data analysis of CEO compensation schemes for electric utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 185-194, April.
- Robert Michaels, 2008. "Electricity Market Monitoring and the Economics of Regulation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 197-216, May.
- Savitski, David W., 2003. "Ownership selection in the US electric utility industry," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 203-223, December.
- Savitski, David W., 2001. "Initial state regulation of investor-owned utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 683-695, November.
- Francesc Trillas, 2008. "Regulatory federalism in network industries," Working Papers 2008/8, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Thomas Lyon & Nathan Wilson, 2012. "Capture or contract? The early years of electric utility regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 225-241, December.
- Upadhyaya, Kamal P. & Raymond, Jeannie E. & Mixon, Franklin Jr., 1997. "The economic theory of regulation versus alternative theories for the electric utilities industry: A simultaneous probit model," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 191-202, August.
- Robert A. Taggart, Jr., 1985. "Effects of Regulation on Utility Financing: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 0866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Faye Steiner, 2004. "The Market Response to Restructuring: A Behavioral Model," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 59-80, January.
- Ugur, Mehmet, 2009. "Liberalisation in a world of second best: evidence on European network industries," MPRA Paper 17873, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Oct 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.