Self-Control for the Righteous: Toward a Theory of Precommitment to Indulgence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Consumer Research.
Volume (Year): 29 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JCR/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wertenbroch, Klaus & Vosgerau, Joachim & Bruyneel, Sabrina, 2008. "Free will, temptation, and self-control: We must believe in free will, we have no choice (Isaac B. Singer)," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/160911, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Noor, Jawwad, 2007.
"Commitment and self-control,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 1-34, July.
- Jawwad Noor, 2005. "Commitment and Self-Control," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2005-014, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jawwad Noor, 2005. "Commitment and Self-Control," Microeconomics 0509008, EconWPA.
- Briers, Barbara, 2006. "Countering the scrooge in each of us: On the marketing of cooperative behavior.," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:1979/341, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Sooyeon Lee-Wingate & Kim Corfman, 2010. "A Little Something for Me and Maybe for You, Too: Promotions that Relieve Guilt," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 385-395, December.
- Hansen, Jochim & Wänke, Michaela, 2011. "The abstractness of luxury," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 789-796.
- Ayla OZHAN DEDEOGLU & Ipek KAZANCOGLU, 2012. "Consumer Guilt: A Model of Its Antecedents and Consequences," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 12(1), pages 9-22.
- S. Nageeb Ali, 2011.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 126(2), pages 857-893.
- Simonson, Itamar, 2003. "Determinants of Customers' Responses to Customized Offers: Conceptual Framework and Research Propositions," Research Papers 1794, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Shaffer, Victoria A. & Arkes, Hal R., 2009. "Preference reversals in evaluations of cash versus non-cash incentives," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 859-872, December.
- Bernard Dubois & Sandor Czellar & Gilles Laurent, 2005. "Consumer Segments Based on Attitudes Toward Luxury: Empirical Evidence from Twenty Countries," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 115-128, April.
- Hsee, Christopher K. & Rottenstreich, Yuval & Stutzer, Alois, 2012. "Suboptimal Choices and the Need for Experienced Individual Well-Being in Economic Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 6346, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anton Suvorov & Jeroen van de Ven, 2008. "Goal Setting as a Self-Regulation Mechanism," Working Papers w0122, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Briers, Barbara & Pandelaere, Mario & Warlop, Luk, 2007. "Adding exchange to charity: A reference price explanation," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Kivetz, Yifat & Tyler, Tom R., 2007. "Tomorrow I'll be me: The effect of time perspective on the activation of idealistic versus pragmatic selves," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 193-211, March.
- Verhagen, Tibert & Boter, Jaap, 2005. "The importance of website content in online purchasing across different types of products," Serie Research Memoranda 0010, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Briers, Barbara & Pandelaere, Mario & Warlop, Luk, 2005. "Adding exchange to charity: a reference price explanation," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/83168, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Simonson, Itamar & Sela, Aner, 2009. "On the Heritability of Choice, Judgment, and "Irrationality": Genetic Effects on Prudence and Constructive Predispositions," Research Papers 2029, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Wertenbroch, K & Vosgerau, J & Bruyneel, Sabrina, 2007. "Free will, temptation, and self-control: We must believe in free will. We have no choice (Isaac B. Singer)," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/175381, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Luigi Mittone & Lucia Savadori, 2008. "Influence of time delay on choice between gambles: Savoring the emotion," CEEL Working Papers 0802, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Gröppel-Klein, Andrea & Germelmann, Claas Christian, 2005. "The Impact of Terminal Values and Yellow Press on Consumer Behavior," Discussion Papers 224, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.