Attributional Thoughts about Consumer Behavior
AbstractTwo fundamental principles from attribution theory were examined for the role they might play in the psychology of the consumer. They are: (1) perceptions of causality along a stability dimension influence the anticipated likelihood of product satisfaction, and (2) perceptions of causality along a controllability dimension influence judgments of responsibility and retributive actions. Comments about the longevity of an attributional framework, methodological recommendations, and the heuristic value of the theory also are included. Copyright 2000 by the University of Chicago.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Consumer Research.
Volume (Year): 27 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JCR/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Halbheer, Daniel & Bertini, Marco & Koenigsberg, Oded, 2013.
"Self-Serving Behavior in Price-Quality Competition,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79842, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Marco Bertini & Daniel Halbheer & Oded Koenigsberg, 2013. " Self-Serving Behavior in Price-Quality Competition," Working Papers 334, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Grandey, Alicia A. & Fisk, Glenda M. & Mattila, Anna S. & Jansen, Karen J. & Sideman, Lori A., 2005. "Is "service with a smile" enough? Authenticity of positive displays during service encounters," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 38-55, January.
- Wang, Kai-Yu & Liang, Minli & Peracchio, Laura A., 2011. "Strategies to offset dissatisfactory product performance: The role of post-purchase marketing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 809-815, August.
- Ana B. Casado & Francisco J. Mas & Ricardo Sellers, 2004. "Third-Party Complaints And Firm Performance: An Application In Spanish Banking," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ana B. Casado & Francisco J. Mas & Hans Kasper, 2006. "Explaining Satisfaction In Double Deviation Scenarios: The Effects Of Anger And Distributive Justice," Working Papers. Serie EC 2006-09, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Matthew Walker & Bob Heere & Milena Parent & Dan Drane, 2010. "Social Responsibility and the Olympic Games: The Mediating Role of Consumer Attributions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(4), pages 659-680, September.
- Inés Küster Boluda & Natalia Vila López & Vicente Castillo, 2010. "Efectos de los videojuegos en las marcas emplazadas: la transmisión de imagen a través de las emociones," Working Papers. Serie EC 2010-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ana B. Casado & Juan Luis Nicolau & Francisco Mas Ruiz, 2008. "The negative effects of failed service recoveries," Working Papers. Serie EC 2008-07, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ni, John Z. & Flynn, Barbara B. & Jacobs, F. Robert, 2014. "Impact of product recall announcements on retailers׳ financial value," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 309-322.
- Harris, Katherine E. & Grewal, Dhruv & Mohr, Lois A. & Bernhardt, Kenneth L., 2006. "Consumer responses to service recovery strategies: The moderating role of online versus offline environment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 425-431, April.
- Liao, Shuling & Cheng, Colin C.J., 2014. "Brand equity and the exacerbating factors of product innovation failure evaluations: A communication effect perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2919-2925.
- Choi, Sunmee & Mattila, Anna S., 2008. "Perceived controllability and service expectations: Influences on customer reactions following service failure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 24-30, January.
- Wan, Lisa C., 2013. "Culture's impact on consumer complaining responses to embarrassing service failure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 298-305.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.