Discovery-Oriented Consumer Research
AbstractThe Journal of Consumer Research and the Association for Consumer Research initiated a new discipline, intended to embrace divergent topics, methods, concepts, data, motives, partners, and ideas. Over the years, that vision has faded. Now the discipline faces inward, toward a narrower range of issues, and away from the real world. Five guidelines seek to redirect the discipline toward its original goals. These guidelines advocate wider horizons, a larger audience, a different talent mix, more emphasis on discover, more attention to consumers, and more single-minded dedication to meaningful results. Copyright 1993 by the University of Chicago.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Consumer Research.
Volume (Year): 19 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JCR/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karanika, Katerina & Hogg, Margaret K., 2013. "Trajectories across the lifespan of possession-self relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 910-916.
- Mateja Kos Koklic & Irena Vida, 2009. "A Strategic Household Purchase: Consumer House Buying Behavior," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 7(1), pages 75-96.
- JS Armstrong & Roderick J. Brodie & Andrew G. Parsons, 2004. "Hypotheses in Marketing Science: Literature Review and Publication Audit," General Economics and Teaching 0412013, EconWPA.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 2003.
"Discovery and communication of important marketing findings: Evidence and proposals,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 69-84, January.
- JS Armstrong, 2004. "Discovery and Communication of Important Marketing Findings: Evidence and Proposals," General Economics and Teaching 0412011, EconWPA.
- Noble, Stephanie M. & Haytko, Diana L. & Phillips, Joanna, 2009. "What drives college-age Generation Y consumers?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(6), pages 617-628, June.
- LaTour, Kathryn & LaTour, Michael S. & Zinkhan, George M., 2010. "Coke is It: How stories in childhood memories illuminate an icon," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 328-336, March.
- Wesley, Scarlett & LeHew, Melody & Woodside, Arch G., 2006. "Consumer decision-making styles and mall shopping behavior: Building theory using exploratory data analysis and the comparative method," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 535-548, May.
- Peterson, Robert A. & Merunka, Dwight R., 2014. "Convenience samples of college students and research reproducibility," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 1035-1041.
- Joerg Kraigher-Krainer, 2012. "Scaling Consumers' Purchase Involvement: A New Approach," Central European Business Review, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(1), pages 14-19.
- Lee, Euehun & Moschis, George P. & Mathur, Anil, 2001. "A study of life events and changes in patronage preferences," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 25-38, October.
- Poulsen, Jacob, 1999. "Danish consumers’ attitudes towards functional foods," MAPP Working Papers 62, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, The MAPP Centre.
- McQuarrie, Edward F., 2004. "Integration of construct and external validity by means of proximal similarity:: Implications for laboratory experiments in marketing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 142-153, February.
- Yoo, Boonghee & Donthu, Naveen, 2001. "Developing and validating a multidimensional consumer-based brand equity scale," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-14, April.
- Manolis, Chris & Roberts, James A., 2008. "Compulsive buying: Does it matter how it's measured?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 555-576, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.