Assessing the Influence of Journal of Consumer Research: A Citation Analysis
AbstractThis article employs citation analysis to investigate empirically the influence of the "Journal of Consumer Research" (JCR) on the social science literature. Some 7,166 citations from the Social Science Citation Index (1974-89) were made to 537 articles published in JCR between 1974 and 1986. The results show that most research appearing in JCR is used and that research in the journal has an influence on other disciplines. Consumer research, marketing, and psychology were the largest users of JCR. Empirical articles have the single largest influence on the literature, although review and theory articles have a disproportionate influence. Copyright 1991 by the University of Chicago.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Consumer Research.
Volume (Year): 18 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JCR/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- S. Stremersch & I. Verniers & C. Verhoef, 2006.
"The Quest for Citations: Drivers of Article Impact,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
06/422, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Stremersch, S. & Verniers, I.W.J. & Verhoef, P.C., 2006. "The Quest for Citations: Drivers of Article Impact," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-061-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Leone, Robert P. & Robinson, Larry M. & Bragge, Johanna & Somervuori, Outi, 2012. "A citation and profiling analysis of pricing research from 1980 to 2010," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(7), pages 1010-1024.
- Piera Morlacchi & Ian F. Wilkinson & Louise Young, 2004. "Social Networks of Researchers in Business To Business Marketing: A Case Study of the IMP Group 1984-1999," SPRU Working Paper Series 116, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.