An Empirical Test of a Model of External Search for Automobiles
AbstractA structural equations model of the determinants of external search for automobiles is developed and tested on survey data from recent automobile purchasers. By considering how perceived risk and perceived benefits affect search, by specifying the role of experience and knowledge in the search process more precisely than in other field studies of search, and by modeling the interrelationship between the various determinants of search, the authors attempt to provide new insights into the determinants of search behavior for automobiles and other consumer durables. Copyright 1991 by the University of Chicago.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Consumer Research.
Volume (Year): 18 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JCR/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Terlaak, Ann & King, Andrew A., 2006. "The effect of certification with the ISO 9000 Quality Management Standard: A signaling approach," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 579-602, August.
- DeSarbo, Wayne S. & Choi, Jungwhan, 1998. "A latent structure double hurdle regression model for exploring heterogeneity in consumer search patterns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 423-455, November.
- Veeman, Michele M. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Hu, Wuyang, 2005. "Risk Perceptions, Social Interactions and the Influence of Information on Social Attitudes to Agricultural Biotechnology," Project Report Series 24052, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Davies, Antony & Cline, Thomas W., 2005. "A consumer behavior approach to modeling monopolistic competition," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 797-826, December.
- Teo, Thompson S. H. & Yeong, Yon Ding, 2003. "Assessing the consumer decision process in the digital marketplace," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 349-363, October.
- Keaveney, Susan M. & Huber, Frank & Herrmann, Andreas, 2007. "A model of buyer regret: Selected prepurchase and postpurchase antecedents with consequences for the brand and the channel," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(12), pages 1207-1215, December.
- Lee, Hanjoon & Herr, Paul M. & Kardes, Frank R. & Kim, Chankon, 1999. "Motivated Search: Effects of Choice Accountability, Issue Involvement, and Prior Knowledge on Information Acquisition and Use," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 75-88, May.
- Kwon, Kyoung-Nan & Lee, Jinkook, 2009. "The effects of reference point, knowledge, and risk propensity on the evaluation of financial products," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(7), pages 719-725, July.
- Mazursky, David & Vinitzky, Gideon, 2005. "Modifying consumer search processes in enhanced on-line interfaces," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1299-1309, October.
- Harrison, Mary P. & Beatty, Sharon E., 2011. "Anticipating a service experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 579-585, June.
- Klein, Lisa R., 1998. "Evaluating the Potential of Interactive Media through a New Lens: Search versus Experience Goods," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 195-203, March.
- Seabra, Claudia & Lages, Luis Filipe & Abrantes, Jose Luis, 2003. "The infosource scale: a measure to assess the importance of external tourism information sources," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp440, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Fiona Scott Morton & Jorge Silva-Risso & Florian Zettelmeyer, 2011. "What matters in a price negotiation: Evidence from the U.S. auto retailing industry," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 365-402, December.
- Smith, Gerald E. & Venkatraman, Meera P. & Dholakia, Ruby Roy, 1999. "Diagnosing the search cost effect: Waiting time and the moderating impact of prior category knowledge," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 285-314, June.
- Frank J. van Rijnsoever & Carolina Castaldi, 2008. "Knowledge base, information search and intention to adopt innovation," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 08-02, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2008.
- Tülin Erdem & Michael Keane & T. Öncü & Judi Strebel, 2005. "Learning About Computers: An Analysis of Information Search and Technology Choice," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 207-247, September.
- Teo, Thompson S.H. & Yu, Yuanyou, 2005. "Online buying behavior: a transaction cost economics perspective," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 451-465, October.
- Cho, Jinsook & Lee, Jinkook, 2006. "An integrated model of risk and risk-reducing strategies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 112-120, January.
- B. Larivière & D. Van Den Poel, 2007.
"Banking behaviour after the lifecycle event of “moving in together”: An exploratory study of the role of marketing investments,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
07/433, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Lariviere, Bart & Van den Poel, Dirk, 2007. "Banking behaviour after the lifecycle event of "moving in together": An exploratory study of the role of marketing investments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 345-369, November.
- Biswas, Dipayan, 2004. "Economics of information in the Web economy: Towards a new theory?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 724-733, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.