Effects of Country-of-Origin and Product-Attribute Information on Product Evaluation: An Information Processing Perspective
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Consumer Research.
Volume (Year): 16 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JCR/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brijs, Kris & Bloemer, Josée & Kasper, Hans, 2011. "Country-image discourse model: Unraveling meaning, structure, and function of country images," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 1259-1269.
- Manrai, Lalita A. & Lascu, Dana-Nicoleta & Manrai, Ajay K., 1998. "Interactive effects of country of origin and product category on product evaluations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 591-615, November.
- Verlegh, Peeter W. J. & Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E. M., 1999. "A review and meta-analysis of country-of-origin research," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 521-546, October.
- Raghubir, Priya, 2006. "An information processing review of the subjective value of money and prices," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(10-11), pages 1053-1062, October.
- Cristel Russell & Dale Russell & Jill Klein, 2011. "Ambivalence toward a country and consumers’ willingness to buy emblematic brands: The differential predictive validity of objective and subjective ambivalence measures on behavior," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 357-371, November.
- Jones, Philip & Hudson, John, 1996. "Signalling product quality: When is price relevant?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 257-266, August.
- McKendree, Melissa G.S. & Ortega, David L. & Widmar, Nicole Olynk & Wang, H. Holly, 2013. "Consumer Perceptions of Seafood Industries in the Wake of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster," Staff Papers 155582, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Kloeckner, Heike & Langen, Nina & Hartmann, Monika, 2011. "Can COO Labeling be a Means of Pepper Differentiation: Quality Expectation and Taste Experience," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115963, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Eriksson, Kent & Hadjikhani, Amjad, 2000. "Perceptual product connection in an international context," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 301-320, June.
- Jiménez, Nadia Huitzilin & San Martín, Sonia, 2010. "The role of country-of-origin, ethnocentrism and animosity in promoting consumer trust. The moderating role of familiarity," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 34-45, February.
- Chang, Dae Ryun & Kim, Ik-Tae, 1995. "A study on the rating of import sources for industrial products in a newly industrializing country : The case of South Korea," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 31-39, January.
- Li, Tiger & Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 1995. "A classification and assessment of research streams in International Marketing," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 251-277, September.
- Gazley, Aaron & Clark, Gemma & Sinha, Ashish, 2011. "Understanding preferences for motion pictures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 854-861, August.
- Hudson, John, 2000. "A Bayesian approach to the evaluation of stochastic signals of product quality," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 599-607, October.
- Lee, Jin Kyun & Lee, Byung-Kwan & Lee, Wei-Na, 2013. "Country-of-origin fit's effect on consumer product evaluation in cross-border strategic brand alliance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 354-363.
- Hudson, John & Jones, Philip, 2001. "Measuring the efficiency of stochastic signals of product quality," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 35-49, March.
- Amine, Lyn Suzanne, 2008. "Country-of-origin, animosity and consumer response: Marketing implications of anti-Americanism and Francophobia," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 402-422, August.
- John Hudson & Philip Jones, 2003. "International trade in 'quality goods': signalling problems for developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(8), pages 999-1013.
- Yu, Julie H. & Albaum, Gerald, 2002. "Sovereignty change influences on consumer ethnocentrism and product preferences: Hong Kong revisited one year later," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 891-899, November.
- Bingxiao Wu, 2014. "Information Presentation and Consumer Choice: Evidence from Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Success Rates Reports," Departmental Working Papers 201410, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Moon, B. J. & Jain, S. C., 2002. "Consumer processing of foreign advertisements: roles of country-of-origin perceptions, consumer ethnocentrism, and country attitude," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 117-138, April.
- Ronald W. Ward & Julian Briz & Isabel de Felipe, 2003. "Competing supplies of olive oil in the German market: An application of multinomial logit models," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 393-406.
- Jo, Myung-Soo & Nakamoto, Kent & Nelson, James E., 2003. "The shielding effects of brand image against lower quality countries-of-origin in global manufacturing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(8), pages 637-646, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.