Determinants of Repayment Performance in Credit Groups: The Role of Program Design, Intragroup Risk Pooling, and Social Cohesion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Economic Development and Cultural Change.
Volume (Year): 46 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- DeanS. Karlan, 2007.
"Social connections and group banking,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages F52-F84, 02.
- Dean S. Karlan, 2005. "Social Connections and Group Banking," Working Papers 913, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Dean S. Karlan, 2005. "Social Connections and Group Banking," Working Papers 181, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Karlan, Dean S., 2007. "Social Connections and Group Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 6194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Dufhues & Gertrud Buchenrieder & Hoang Dinh Quoc, 2012. "Social capital and loan repayment performance in Northern Vietnam," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(3), pages 277-292, 05.
- Li Gan & Manuel A. Hernandez & Yanyan Liu, 2013.
"Group Lending with Heterogeneous Types,"
NBER Working Papers
18847, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Maluccio, John A., 2002.
"Trust, membership in groups, and household welfare,"
FCND discussion papers
135, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Maluccio, John A., 2002. "Trust, membership in groups, and household welfare," FCND briefs 135, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Al-Azzam, Moh'd & Carter Hill, R. & Sarangi, Sudipta, 2012.
"Repayment performance in group lending: Evidence from Jordan,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 404-414.
- Sudipta Sarangi & Moh'd Al-Azzam & R. Carter Hill, . "Repayment Performance in Group Lending: Evidence from Jordan," Departmental Working Papers 2011-09, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Tchakoute-Tchuigoua, Hubert, 2012. "Active risk management and loan contract terms: Evidence from rated microfinance institutions," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 427-437.
- Li, Shanjun & Liu, Yanyan & Deininger, Klaus W., 2009.
"How Important are Peer Effects in Group Lending? Estimating a Static Game of Incomplete Information,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51699, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Li, Shanjun & Liu, Yanyan & Deininger, Klaus, 2009. "How important are peer effects in group lending?: Estimating a static game of incomplete information," IFPRI discussion papers 940, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Li, Shanjun & Liu, Yanyan & Deininger, Klaus W., 2009. "How Important are Peer Effects in Group Lending? Estimating a Static Game of Incomplete Information," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49497, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Deininger, Klaus & Liu, Yanyan, 2009. "Determinants of repayment performance in Indian micro-credit groups," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4885, The World Bank.
- Dufhues, Thomas & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Quoc, Hoang Dinh & Munkung, Nuchanata, 2011. "Social capital and loan repayment performance in Southeast Asia," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 679-691.
- Joel M. Guttman, 2010. "Reputation, Trust and the Logic of Group Lending," NFI Working Papers 2010-WP-02, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Rayo Cantón, Salvador & Lara Rubio, Juan & Camino Blasco, David, 2010. "A Credit Scoring Model For Institutions Of Microfinance Under The Basel Ii Normative," Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Universidad ESAN, vol. 15(28), pages 89-124.
- Jaunaux, Laure & Venet, Baptiste, 2009. "Individual Microcredit and Social Pressure," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1674, Paris Dauphine University.
- Godquin, Marie, 2004. "Microfinance Repayment Performance in Bangladesh: How to Improve the Allocation of Loans by MFIs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1909-1926, November.
- Joel M. Guttman, 2007. "Repayment Performance in Microcredit Programs: Theory and Evidence," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-11, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Joel M. Guttman, 2006. "Repayment Performance in Group Lending Programs: A Survey," NFI Working Papers 2006-WP-01, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Dezső, Linda & Loewenstein, George, 2012. "Lenders’ blind trust and borrowers’ blind spots: A descriptive investigation of personal loans," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 996-1011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.