The Political Economy of Inflation and Stabilization in Developing Countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Economic Development and Cultural Change.
Volume (Year): 42 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cermeño, Rodolfo & Grier, Robin & Grier, Kevin, 2010. "Elections, exchange rates and reform in Latin America," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 166-174, July.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2011.
"Monetary Policy in Emerging Markets: A Survey,"
Working Paper Series
rwp11-003, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Block, Steven A. & Vaaler, Paul M., 2004. "The price of democracy: sovereign risk ratings, bond spreads and political business cycles in developing countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 917-946, October.
- Diamandis, Panayiotis F. & Kouretas, Georgios P. & Zarangas, Leonidas, 2007. "Dual foreign currency markets and the role of expectations: Evidence from the Pacific Basin countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 238-259, June.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1996. "The Determinants of the Choice between Fixed and Flexible Exchange-Rate Regimes," NBER Working Papers 5756, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgard, Anders & Yousef, Tarik M., 2005. "Inflation and inequality: does political structure matter?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 41-46, April.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jorge M. Streb & Piero Ghezzi, 2005.
"Real Exchange Rate Cycles Around Elections,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 297-330, November.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jorge M. Streb, 1999.
"Elections and the Timing of Devaluations,"
CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo.
140, Universidad del CEMA.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jorge M. Streb, 1999. "Elections and the Timing of Devaluations," IDB Publications 6452, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jorge M. Streb, 1999. "Elections and the Timing of Devaluations," Research Department Publications 4164, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ralph Setzer, 2005. "The Political Economy of Fixed Exchange Rates: A Survival Analysis," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim 265/2005, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Bernardin Akitoby & Thomas Stratmann, 2010. "The value of institutions for financial markets: evidence from emerging markets," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 146(4), pages 781-797, December.
- Ari Aisen, 2004. "Money-Based Versus Exchange-Rate-Based Stabilization," IMF Working Papers 04/94, International Monetary Fund.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2005.
"Contractionary Currency Crashes in Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
11508, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2005. "Contractionary Currency Crashes In Developing Countries," Working Paper Series rwp05-017, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jeffry Frieden & Piero Ghezzi, 2000. "Politics and Exchange Rates: A Cross-Country Approach to Latin America," Research Department Publications 3119, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Panayiotis Diamantis & Dimitris Georgoutsos & George Kouretas, 2001. "The Monetary Approach in the Presence of I(2) Components: A Cointegration Analysis of the Official and Black Market for Foreign Currency in Latin America," Working Papers 0108, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Al-Marhubi, Fahim, 1997. "A note on the link between income inequality and inflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 317-319, September.
- Funkhouser, Edward, 1997. "Labor market adjustment to political conflict Changes in the labor market in El Salvador during the 1980s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 31-64, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.