Calculating Murphy-Topel variance estimates in Stata: A simplified procedure
AbstractBuilding on the work by Hardin (Stata Journal 2: 253–266), this note shows how the calculation of the Murphy-Topel variance estimator for two-step models can be simplified in Stata by using the scores option of predict. Copyright 2006 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 6 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Libman, Alexander, 2009.
"Constitutions, Regulations, and Taxes: Contradictions of Different Aspects of Decentralization,"
15854, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Libman, Alexander, 2010. "Constitutions, regulations, and taxes: Contradictions of different aspects of decentralization," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 395-418, December.
- Libman, Alexander, 2010. "Constitutions, regulations, and taxes: Contradictions of different aspects of decentralization," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 138, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Cavalli, Laura, 2013. "Delayed First Birth and New Mothers' Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from Biological Fertility Shocks," IZA Discussion Papers 7135, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jhon James Mora & María Paola Ulloa, 2011. "Calidad del empleo en las principales ciudades colombianas y endogeneidad de la educación," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 13(25), pages 163-177, July-Dece.
- Kureishi, Wataru & Wakabayashi, Midori, 2010. "Why do first-born children live together with parents?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 159-172, August.
- A. Geraci & D. Fabbri & C. Monfardini, 2014.
"Testing exogeneity of multinomial regressors in count data models: does two stage residual inclusion work?,"
wp921, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Geraci, A.; & Fabbri, D.; & Monfardini, C.;, 2014. "Testing exogeneity of multinomial regressors in count data models: does two stage residual inclusion work?," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 14/03, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Evangelista, Rinaldo & Lucchese, Matteo & Meliciani, Valentina, 2013. "Business services, innovation and sectoral growth," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 119-132.
- Ana Sílvia de Matos Vaz, 2012. "Interpersonal Influence Regarding the Decision to Vote Within Mozambican Households," CSAE Working Paper Series 2012-14, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Åström, Johanna, 2009. "The Effects of Assortative Mating on Earnings: Human Capital Spillover or Specialization?," HUI Working Papers 34, HUI Research.
- Geys, Benny, 2009. "Wars, presidents and popularity: The political cost(s) of war re-examined," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2009-11, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Ana Silvia de Matos Vas, 2012. "Interpersonal Influence Regarding the Decision to Vote Within Mozambican Households," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2012-14, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Wasi, Nada & den Berg, Bernard van & Buchmueller, Thomas C., 2012. "Heterogeneous effects of child disability on maternal labor supply: Evidence from the 2000 US Census," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 139-154.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.