Implementing tests with correct size in the simultaneous equations model
AbstractIn this paper, we propose a fix to the size distortions of tests for structural parameters in the simultaneous equations model by computing critical value functions based on the conditional distribution of test statistics. The conditional tests can then be used to construct informative confidence regions for the structural parameter with correct coverage probability. Commands to implement these tests in Stata are also introduced. Copyright 2003 by Stata Corporation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 3 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
Other versions of this item:
- Marcelo J. Moreira & Brian P. Poi, 2003. "Implementing Tests with Correct Size in the Simultaneous Equation Model," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1993, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Marie Dufour, 1997. "Some Impossibility Theorems in Econometrics with Applications to Structural and Dynamic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(6), pages 1365-1388, November.
- Brian P. Poi, 2006. "Jackknife instrumental variables estimation in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(3), pages 364-376, September.
- Hyunbae Chun & Jung-Wook Kim & Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2007.
"Creative Destruction and Firm-Specific Performance Heterogeneity,"
NBER Working Papers
13011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chun, Hyunbae & Kim, Jung-Wook & Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard, 2008. "Creative destruction and firm-specific performance heterogeneity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 109-135, July.
- Anna Mikusheva & Brian P. Poi, 2006. "Tests and confidence sets with correct size when instruments are potentially weak," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(3), pages 335-347, September.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2007.
"Enhanced routines for instrumental variables/GMM estimation and testing,"
CERT Discussion Papers
0706, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2007. "Enhanced routines for instrumental variables/GMM estimation and testing," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 667, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 05 Sep 2007.
- Mentzakis, Emmanouil & Suhrcke, Marc & Roberts, Bayard & Murphy, Adrianna & McKee, Martin, 2013. "Estimating the causal effect of alcohol consumption on well-being for a cross-section of 9 former Soviet Union countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 1-7.
- Sen, Anindya & Rybczynski, Kathleen & Van De Waal, Corey, 2011. "Teen employment, poverty, and the minimum wage: Evidence from Canada," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 36-47, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.