Labor Market Flexibility: An Index Approach to Cross-Country Comparisons
AbstractRecently, researchers have used measures of economic freedom (Gwartney and Lawson, 2002) to quantify the relationship between various institutional factors and measures of economic performance. Using a subset of these data, we develop a labor market flexibility index. This measure should be useful to researchers who study labor market performance among countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Transaction Publishers in its journal Journal of Labor Research.
Volume (Year): 25 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://transactionpub.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=110581
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stillman, Steven & Velamuri, Malathi & Aitken, Andrew, 2010.
"The long-run impact of New Zealand's structural reform on local communities,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 432-448, December.
- Steven Stillman & Malathi Velamuri, 2008. "The Long-Run Impact of New Zealand's Structural Reform on Local Communities," Working Papers 08_11, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Insan Tunali & Ragui Assaad, 2009.
"A comparative study of returns to education of urban men in Egypt, Iran, and Turkey,"
e07-17, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Insan Tunali & Ragui Assaad, 2009. "A Comparative Study Of Returns To Education Of Urban Men In Egypt, Iran, And Turkey," Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 145-187.
- Aysit Tansel & Yousef Daoud, 2011.
"Comparative Essay on Returns to Education in Palestine and Turkey,"
2011/7, Turkish Economic Association.
- Aysit Tansel & Yousef Daoud, 2011. "Comparative Essay on Returns to Education in Palestine and Turkey," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1118, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Aysit Tansel & Yousef Daoud, 2011. "Comparative Essays on Returns to Education in Palestine and Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1102, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2011.
- Tansel, Aysit & Daoud, Yousef, 2011. "Comparative Essay on Returns to Education in Palestine and Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 5907, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Özlem Onaran & Nursel Aydiner-Avsar, 2006. "The controversy over employment policy: Low labor costs and openness, or demand policy? A sectoral analysis for Turkey," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp097, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.