Simultaneous Confidence Regions for Impulse Responses
AbstractInference about an impulse response is a multiple testing problem with serially correlated coefficient estimates. This paper provides a method to construct simultaneous confidence regions for impulse responses and conditional bands to examine significance levels of individual impulse response coefficients given propagation trajectories. The paper also shows how to constrain a subset of impulse response paths to anchor structural identification and how to formally test the validity of such identifying constraints. Simulation and empirical evidence illustrate the new techniques. A broad summary of asymptotic analytic formulas is provided to make the methods easy to implement with commonly available statistical software. Copyright by the President and Fellows of Harvard College and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal The Review of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): 91 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theodoridis, Konstantinos, 2011. "An efficient minimum distance estimator for DSGE models," Bank of England working papers 439, Bank of England.
- Jordà, Òscar & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2008.
"Path Forecast Evaluation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7009, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Òscar Jordà & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2008. "Path Forecast Evaluation," Economics Working Papers ECO2008/34, European University Institute.
- Oscar Jorda & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2008. "Path Forecast Evaluation," Working Papers 85, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Jorda, Oscar & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2008. "Path Forecast Evaluation," Working Papers 08-5, University of California at Davis, Department of Economics.
- Anna Staszewska-Bystrova, 2013. "Modified Scheffé’s Prediction Bands," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 233(5-6), pages 680-690, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.