On The Size And Power Of System Tests For Cointegration
AbstractSystem tests for cointegration proposed by Stock and Watson (1988), Johansen (1988), and Bewley and Yang (1995) are compared using Monte Carlo experiments that include overspecification of the lag length and data-generating processes with moving average disturbances. Both AIC and SIC are used to select the lag length of the approximating vector autoregressions. The three tests considered are found to have very different characteristics, and each dominates in some portion of the parameter space. © 1998 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College and the Massachusetts Institute of Technolog
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal The Review of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): 80 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
Other versions of this item:
- Bewley, R. & Yang, M., 1996. "On the Size and Power of System Tests for Cointegration," Papers 96/9, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Par Osterholm, 2004. "Size properties of cointegration tests in misspecified systems," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(15), pages 919-924.
- Jordan Shan & Fiona Sun, 1998. "On the export-led growth hypothesis for the little dragons: An empirical reinvestigation," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 26(4), pages 353-371, December.
- Elena Pesavento, 2005.
"Residuals Based Tests for the Null of No Cointegration: An Analytical Comparison,"
0503, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Elena Pesavento, 2007. "Residuals-based tests for the null of no-cointegration: an Analytical comparison," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 111-137, 01.
- Pesavento, Elena, 2004.
"Analytical evaluation of the power of tests for the absence of cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 349-384, October.
- Pesavento, Elena, 2000. "Analytical Evaluation of the Power of Tests for the Absence of Cointegration," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt4cq4773c, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Wagner, Martin, 1999. "VAR Cointegration in VARMA Models," Economics Series 65, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Turkhan Ali Abdul Manap, 2004. "Exports and Economic Growth Nexus: The Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 563-581.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2010.
"International trade and economic growth in the Polish economy,"
52286, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lukasz Lach & Henryk Gurgul, 2010. "International trade and economic growth in the Polish economy," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 3, pages 5-29.
- Dietmar Maringer & Peter Winker, 2004. "Optimal Lag Structure Selection in VEC-Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 155, Society for Computational Economics.
- Carlos Enrique Carrasco Gutierrez & Reinaldo Castro Souza & Osmani Teixeira de Carvalho Guillén, 2009.
"Selection of Optimal Lag Length in Cointegrated VAR Models with Weak Form of Common Cyclical Features,"
Fucape Working Papers
16, Fucape Business School.
- Carrasco Gutierrez, Carlos Enrique & Castro Souza, Reinaldo & Teixeira de Carvalho Guillén, Osmani, 2009. "Selection of optimal lag length in cointegrated VAR models with weak form of common cyclical features," MPRA Paper 22550, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Enrique Carrasco Gutiérrez & Reinaldo Castro Souza & Osmani Teixeira de Carvalho Guillén, 2007. "Selection of Optimal Lag Length in Cointegrated VAR Models with Weak Form of Common Cyclical Features," Working Papers Series 139, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Österholm, Pär, 2003. "Testing for Cointegration in Misspecified Systems –A Monte Carlo Study of Size Distortions," Working Paper Series 2003:21, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.