Tests of the Specification of Univariate and Bivariate Ordered Probit
AbstractThis note presents tests of the specification of univariate and bivariate ordered probit. The test is sensitive to deviations from either normality or the exogeneity of the explanatory variables. As an example, the ownership of dogs and televisions, both sources of time-intensive entertainment, is studied. The specification for dogs is not rejected, the specification for televisions is rejected at the 2.0% level, and the specification of both together is rejected at the 1.3% level. © 1997 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal The Review of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): 79 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mora, Juan & Moro-Egido, Ana I., 2008. "On specification testing of ordered discrete choice models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 191-205, March.
- Bellemare, Charles & Kroger, Sabine, 2007.
"On representative social capital,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 183-202, January.
- Bellemare, C. & Kroger, S., 2003. "On Representative Trust," Discussion Paper 2003-47, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bellemare, Charles & Kröger, Sabine, 2004. "On Representative Social Capital," IZA Discussion Papers 1145, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Charles Bellemare & Sabine Kroger, 2005. "On representative social capital," Artefactual Field Experiments 00006, The Field Experiments Website.
- Bellemare, C. & Kroger, S., 2004. "On Representative Social Capital," Discussion Paper 2004-57, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Charles Bellemare & Sabine Kroger, 2005. "On Representative Social Capital," Cahiers de recherche 0504, CIRPEE.
- Bellemare, Charles & Kröger, Sabine, 2003. "On Representative Trust," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,27, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Juan Mora & Ana I. Moro, 2006. "Consistent Specification Test For Ordered Discrete Choice Models," Working Papers. Serie AD 2006-17, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Randall K. Filer & Marjorie Honig, 2005.
"Endogenous Pensions and Retirement Behavior,"
Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College
410, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Murphy, Anthony, 2007.
"Score tests of normality in bivariate probit models,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 374-379, June.
- Anthony Murphy, 2005. "Score Tests of Normality in Bivariate Probit Models," Econometrics 0512004, EconWPA.
- Luis Cabral & Ben Polak, 2007. "Dominant Firms, Imitation, and Incentives to Innovate," Working Papers 07-6, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- William H. Greene & David A. Hensher, 2008. "Modeling Ordered Choices: A Primer and Recent Developments," Working Papers 08-26, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.