The Endogeneity of Advance Notice and Fear of Destructive Attrition
AbstractThis study simultaneously estimates the likelihoods that a worker receives advance notice of a plant closing and that a notified worker quits the job before its scheduled end. The author finds that fear of early attrition is a significant determinant of a firm's decision to provide advance notice. Explicit consideration of employer's concerns may significantly improve prediction of advance notice. Copyright 1994 by MIT Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 76 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guido Schwerdt, 2007.
"Labor Turnover before Plant Closure:'Leaving the sinking ship' vs. 'Captain throwing ballast overboard',"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2007/22, European University Institute.
- Schwerdt, Guido, 2011. "Labor turnover before plant closure: "Leaving the sinking ship" vs. "Captain throwing ballast overboard"," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 93-101, January.
- Guido Schwerdt, 2008. "Labor Turnover before Plant Closure: ‘Leaving the Sinking Ship’ vs. ‘Captain Throwing Ballast Overboard’," CESifo Working Paper Series 2252, CESifo Group Munich.
- Audra Bowlus & Lars Vilhuber, 2002.
"Displaced workers, early leavers, and re-employment wages,"
10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002
C1-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Audra Bowlus & Lars Vilhuber, 2001. "Displaced Workers, Early Leavers, and Re-employment Wages," University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Papers 20015, University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity.
- Audra Bowlus & Lars Vilhuber, 2002. "Displaced workers, early leavers, and re-employment wages," Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Technical Papers 2002-18, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.