Testing for Structural Change in Panel Data: Application to a Study of U.S. Foreign Trade in Manufacturing Goods
AbstractA multivariate cusum test, along with extensions for partitioned parameters, serial correlation, and error components, is developed for panel data analysis. These techniques are then applied to a study of U.S. foreign trade in manufacturing goods examining changes in the determinants, i.e., the relationships between the factor contents and the net exports. Copyright 1989 by MIT Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 71 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Chao-Hsi & Lin, Kenneth S., 1993. "Deficits, government expenditures, and tax smoothing in the United States: 1929-1988," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 317-339, June.
- John Schroeter & Aju Fenn, 2005. "Structural change in cigarette demand: cusum tests using panel data," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(8), pages 1-11.
- Teisl, Mario F. & Roe, Brian & Hicks, Robert L., 2002. "Can Eco-Labels Tune a Market? Evidence from Dolphin-Safe Labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 339-359, May.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2005:i:8:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Félix Chan & Tommaso Mancini-Griffoli & Laurent L. Pauwels, 2006.
"Stability tests for heterogeneous panel data,"
PSE Working Papers
- Felix Chan Tommaso Mancini-Griffoli Laurent L. Pauwels, 2006. "Stability Tests for Heterogeneous Panel Data," IHEID Working Papers 24-2006, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Dec 2006.
- Felix Chan & Tommaso Mancini-Griffoli & Laurent L. Pauwels, 2008. "Stability Tests for Heterogeneous Panel Data," Working Papers 092008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Chihwa Kao & Lorenzo Trapani & Giovanni Urga, 2007.
"Modelling and Testing for Structural Changes in Panel Cointegration Models with Common and Idiosyncratic Stochastic Trends,"
0708, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- Chihwa Kao & Lorenzo Trapani & Giovanni Urga, 2007. "Modelling and Testing for Structural Changes in Panel Cointegration Models with Common and Idiosyncratic Stochastic Trend," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 92, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Chandan Sharma & Sanjay Sehgal, 2010. "Impact of infrastructure on output, productivity and efficiency: Evidence from the Indian manufacturing industry," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 100-121, October.
- Jamie Emerson & Chihwa Kao, 2000. "Testing for Structural Change of a Time Trend Regression in Panel Data," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 15, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Hidalgo, Javier & Li, Qi, 1996. "A nonparametric test for poolability using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 345-367, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.