Sequential and Full Information Maximum Likelihood Estimation of a Nested Logit Model
AbstractSequential estimation of a nested logit model is in general not an empirically desirable procedure, either as an alternative to full information maximum likelihood (FIML) estimation or as a source of param eter starting values for FIML estimation. Empirical studies which use varying ch oice sets across the sampled population create ambiguity in the link between seq uential and simultaneously estimated nested logit models. FIML estimation is now a computationally feasible strategy as illustrated herein. Copyright 1986 by MIT Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 68 (1986)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Madden, Gary G & Simpson, Michael & Savage, Scott, 2002.
"Broadband delivered entertainment services: forecasting Australian subscription intentions,"
10915, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Madden, Gary & Simpson, Michel & Savage, Scott, 2002. "Broadband Delivered Entertainment Services: Forecasting Australian Subscription Intentions," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(243), pages 422-32, December.
- Marisa Elena Domino & David S. Salkever, 2003. "Price elasticity and pharmaceutical selection: the influence of managed care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(7), pages 565-586.
- Louis Grange & Angel Ibeas & Felipe González, 2011. "A Hierarchical Gravity Model with Spatial Correlation: Mathematical Formulation and Parameter Estimation," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 439-463, September.
- Cameron, L., 1998.
"The Residency Decision of Elderly Indonesians: A Nested Logit Analysis,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
638, The University of Melbourne.
- Lisa Cameron, 2000. "The residency decision of elderly indonesians: A nested logit analysis," Demography, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 17-27, February.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L., 1996.
"Testing the consistency of nested logit models with utility maximization,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 33-39, January.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L., 1996. "Testing the Consistency of Nested Logit Models with Utility Maximization," Staff General Research Papers 1500, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Choi, Ki-Hong & Moon, Choon-Geol, 1997. "Generalized extreme value model and additively separable generator function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 129-140.
- Kathleen W. Johnson, 1999. "Credit constraints, consumer leasing and the automobile replacement decision," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-68, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Liviano Solís, Daniel & Manjón Antolín, Miguel C., 2008.
"Empirical studies in industrial location: an assessment of their methods and results,"
2072/9257, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Daniel Liviano-Solis & Miguel Manjón-Antolín, 2010. "Empirical Studies In Industrial Location: An Assessment Of Their Methods And Results," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 685-711.
- Frey, Rainer & Hussinger, Katrin, 2006.
"The role of technology in M&As: a firm-level comparison of cross-border and domestic deals,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2006,45, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Frey, Rainer & Hussinger, Katrin, 2006. "The Role of Technology in M&As: A Firm Level Comparison of Cross-Border and Domestic Deals," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-69, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jeffrey Newman & Vincent Bernardin, 2010. "Hierarchical ordering of nests in a joint mode and destination choice model," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 677-688, July.
- Kajal Lahiri & Jian Gao, 2001.
"Bayesian Analysis of Nested Logit Model by Markov Chain Monte Carlo,"
01-14, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Gao, Jian, 2002. "Bayesian analysis of nested logit model by Markov chain Monte Carlo," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 103-133, November.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & GORG, Holger & STROBL, Eric, 2003. "Multinationals' location choice, agglomeration economies and public incentives," CORE Discussion Papers 2003017, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Murdock, Jennifer, 2006. "Handling unobserved site characteristics in random utility models of recreation demand," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Kaoru, Yoshiaki, 1995. "Measuring marine recreation benefits of water quality improvements by the nested random utility model," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 119-136, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.