The Impact of Subsidies on X-Efficiency in LDC Industry: Theory and an Empirical Test
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 65 (1983)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- MÃƒÂ¥ns SÃƒÂ¶derbom & Francis Teal, 2001. "Are African Manufacturing Firms Really Inefficient? Evidence from Firm-Level Panel Data," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2001-14, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Iacovone, Leonardo, 2012.
"The better you are the stronger it makes you: Evidence on the asymmetric impact of liberalization,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 474-485.
- Iacovone, Leonardo, 2009. "The better you are the stronger it makes you : evidence on the asymmetric impact of liberalization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4930, The World Bank.
- Mengistae, Taye, 2001. "Indigenous ethnicity and entrepreneurial success in Africa : some evidence from Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2534, The World Bank.
- Justin van der Sluis & Mirjam van Praag & Wim Vijverberg, 2003. "Entrepreneurship Selection and Performance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-046/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 24 Sep 2004.
- Mohammad Movahedi & Olivier Gaussens, 2013. "Les effets de l’exportation sur l’innovation et la productivité : Analyse empirique sur un échantillon de PMI," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201307, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Latruffe, Laure & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Moreira, Victor H. & Desjeux, Yann & Dupraz, Pierre, 2011. "Productivity and Subsidies in European Union Countries: An Analysis for Dairy Farms Using Input Distance Frontiers," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114396, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Soderbom, Mans & Teal, Francis, 2004.
"Size and efficiency in African manufacturing firms: evidence from firm-level panel data,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 369-394, February.
- Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal, 2004. "Size and Efficiency in African Manufacturing Firms:Evidence from Firm-Level Panel Data," Development and Comp Systems 0409010, EconWPA.
- Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal, 2002. "Size and efficiency in African manufacturing firms: Evidence from firm-level panel data," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Francis Teal & MÃƒÂ¥ns SÃƒÂ¶derbom, 2002. "Size and Efficiency in African Manufacturing Firms: Evidence from Firm-Level Panel Data," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2002-07, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bannister, Geoffrey J. & Stolp, Chandler, 1995. "Regional concentration and efficiency in Mexican manufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 672-690, February.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Iacovone, Leonardo, 2013.
"Economic Performance under NAFTA: A Firm-Level Analysis of the Trade-productivity Linkages,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 180-193.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Iacovone, Leonardo, 2011. "Economic performance under NAFTA : a firm-level analysis of the trade-productivity linkages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5661, The World Bank.
- Lachaal, Lassaad, 1994. "Subsidies, Endogenous Technical Efficiency And The Measurement Of Productivity Growth," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2003046 is not listed on IDEAS
- Latruffe, Laure & Guyomard, Herve & Le Mouel, Chantal, 2008. "Impact of CAP Direct Payments on French Farms’ Managerial Efficiency," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44144, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Olson, Kent D. & Vu, Linh, 2009. "Productivity Growth, Technical Efficiency and Technical Change on Minnesota Farms," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49204, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ben-Belhassen, Boubaker & Womack, Abner W., 2000. "Measurement And Explanation Of Technical Efficiency In Missouri Hog Production," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21819, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Latruffe, Laure & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Moreira, Victor H. & Desjeux, Yann & Dupraz, Pierre, 2012. "Productivity and Subsidies in the European Union: An Analysis for Dairy Farms Using Input Distance Frontiers," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126846, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G. & Taylor, Timothy G., 1990. "Competitive Pressure And Productivity Growth: The Case Of The Florida Vegetable Industry," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
- Laure Latruffe & Hervé Guyomard & Chantal Le Mouël, 2009. "The role of public subsidies on farms’ managerial efficiency: An application of a five-stage approach to France," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 200905, INRA UMR SMART.
- Deb Kusum Das, 2007. "Trade Liberalization and Industrial Productivity: An Assessment of Developing Country Experiences," Working Papers id:1009, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.