Laws of Production and Laws of Algebra: The Humbug Production Function
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 56 (1974)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jesus Felipe & Rana Hasan & J. S. L. McCombie, 2004.
"Correcting For Biases When Estimating Production Functions: An Illusion Of The Laws Of Algebra?,"
CAMA Working Papers
2004-13, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Jesus Felipe & Rana Hasan & J. S. L. McCombie, 2008. "Correcting for biases when estimating production functions: an illusion of the laws of algebra?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(3), pages 441-459, May.
- Jesus Felipe & J. S. L. Mccombie, 2007.
"On the Rental Price of Capital and the Profit Rate: The Perils and Pitfalls of Total Factor Productivity Growth,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 317-345.
- Jesus Felipe & J. S. L. McCombie, 2004. "On The Rental Price Of Capital And The Profit Rate: The Perils And Pitfalls Of Total Factor Productivity Growth," CAMA Working Papers 2004-10, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Codrina Rada & Lance Taylor, 2004. "Empty Sources of Growth Accounting, and Empirical Replacements à la Kaldor with Some Beef," Economia, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 5(3), pages 45-74.
- Guido Fioretti, 2005. "The Production Function," Papers physics/0511191, arXiv.org.
- Giovanni Dosi & Marco Grazzi, 2005. "Technology as Problem-Solving Procedures and Technology as Input-Output Relations: Some Perspectives on the Theory of Production," LEM Papers Series 2005/26, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- S K Mishra, 2007.
"Globalization and Structural Changes in the Indian Industrial Sector: An Analysis of Production Functions,"
The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(4), pages 56-81, November.
- S.K. Mishra, 2007. "Globalization and Structural Changes in the Indian Industrial Sector: An Analysis of Production Functions," Working Papers id:788, eSocialSciences.
- Mishra, SK, 2006. "Globalization and Structural Changes in the Indian Industrial Sector: An Analysis of Production Functions," MPRA Paper 1231, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Colacchio, Giorgio & Soci, Anna, 2003. "On the aggregate production function and its presence in modern macroeconomics," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 75-107, March.
- Jesus Felipe & J. S. L. McCombie, 2002. "A Problem with Some Estimations and Interpretations of the Mark-up in Manufacturing Industry," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 187-215.
- Kronenberg, Tobias, 2010. "Finding common ground between ecological economics and post-Keynesian economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1488-1494, May.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Debdulal Mallick, 2007. "The Fisher/Cobb-Douglas Paradox, Factor Shares, and Cointegration," CESifo Working Paper Series 1998, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jesus Felipe & F. Gerard Adams, 2005. ""A Theory of Production" The Estimation of the Cobb-Douglas Function: A Retrospective View," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 427-445, Summer.
- Jakub Growiec, 2009. "Determinants of the Labor Share: Evidence from a Panel of Firms," National Bank of Poland Working Papers 69, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute.
- Jesus Felipe & Carsten Holz, 2001. "Why do Aggregate Production Functions Work? Fisher's simulations, Shaikh's identity and some new results," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 261-285.
- Jonathan Temple, 2006. "Aggregate Production Functions and Growth Economics," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 301-317.
- G. Silverberg & B. Verspagen, 1995. "Evolutionary Theorizing on Economic Growth," Working Papers wp95078, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- S K Mishra, 2010.
"A Brief History of Production Functions,"
The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(4), pages 6-34, November.
- Robert S. Chirinko, 2008. "ó: The Long And Short Of It," CESifo Working Paper Series 2234, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mario Holzner, 2006. "Real Exchange Rate Distortion in Southeast Europe," The wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 068, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Jesus Felipe & J. S. L. McCombie, 2005. "How Sound are the Foundations of the Aggregate Production Function?," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 467-488, Summer.
- Alfred S. Eichner, 1985. "Towards an Empirically Valid Economics," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 437-449, Oct-Dec.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.