Migration as Investment: Empirical Tests of the Human Investment Approach to Geographical Mobility
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 52 (1970)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jim Millington, 2000. "Migration and Age: The Effect of Age on Sensitivity to Migration Stimuli," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 521-533.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Giulio Zanella, 2008.
"Searching for the Best Neighborhood: Mobility and Social Interactions,"
Department of Economics University of Siena
533, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Yannis Ioannides & Giulio Zanella, 2008. "Searching for the Best Neighborhood: Mobility and Social Interactions," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0720, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Luis Ubeda & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2002.
"A Model of Multiple Equilibria in Geographic Labor Mobility,"
IMF Working Papers
02/31, International Monetary Fund.
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Ubeda, Luis, 2004. "A model of multiple equilibria in geographic labor mobility," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 107-123, February.
- de Arce, Rafael & Mahia, Ramon, 2008. "Determinants of Bilateral Immigration Flows Between The European Union and some Mediterranean Partner Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey," MPRA Paper 14547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Ubeda, Luis, 2004.
"Family attachment and the decision to move by race,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 478-497, May.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Luis Ubeda, 2002. "Family Attachment and the Decision to Move by Race," IMF Working Papers 02/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Di Cintio, Marco & Grassi, Emanuele, 2010. "Internal Migration and Wage Differentials among Italian University Graduates," MPRA Paper 26707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cebula, Richard, 1973. "Local Government Policies and Migration: An Analysis for SMSAs in the United States, 1965-1970," MPRA Paper 50068, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Feb 1974.
- Ann P. Bartel, 1980. "The Economics of Migration: An Empirical Analysis with Special Referenceto the Role of Job Mobility," NBER Working Papers 0198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mekonnen Beyene, Berhe, 2011. "Determinants of Internal and International Migration in Ethiopia," Memorandum 24/2011, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Swarnjit S. Arora, 1974. "Migration Flows and Their Determinants: A Comparative Study of Internal Migration in Italy and the U.S.A," NBER Working Papers 0026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Satu Nivalainen, 2003. "Who move to rural areas? Micro Evidence from Finland," ERSA conference papers ersa03p214, European Regional Science Association.
- Piil Damm, Anna, 2005. "Immigrants’ Location Preferences: Exploiting a Natural Experiment," Working Papers 05-2, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Chang, Yang-Ming & Huang, Biing-Wen & Chen, Yun-Ju, 2012. "Labor supply, income, and welfare of the farm household," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 427-437.
- Deb, Partha & Seck, Papa, 2009.
"Internal Migration, Selection Bias and Human Development: Evidence from Indonesia and Mexico,"
19214, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Partha Deb & Papa Seck, 2009. "Internal Migration, Selection Bias and Human Development: Evidence from Indonesia and Mexico," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-31, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Jul 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.