Labor-Tying in a Poor Agrarian Economy: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Quarterly Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 98 (1983)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 1995.
"A framework for the analysis of evolving patron-client ties in agrarian economies,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 767-786, May.
- Platteau, J.P., 1994. "A Framework for the Analysis of Evolving Patron-Client Ties In Agrarian Economies," Papers 140, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Espen Villanger, 2006. "Is Bonded Labor Voluntary? Evidence from the Liberation of the Kamaiyas in the Far-Western Region of Nepal," CMI Working Papers 16, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Macchiavello, Rocco & Morjaria, Ameet, 2013.
"The Value of Relationships: Evidence from a Supply Shock to Kenyan Rose Exports,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9531, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Macchiavello, Rocco & Morjaria, Ameet, 2013. "The Value of Relationships: Evidence from a Supply Shock to Kenyan Rose Exports," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1032, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Arnab K. Basu & Nancy H. Chau, 2004. "Exploitation of Child Labor and the Dynamics of Debt Bondage," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 209-238, 06.
- Sharma, Shiva & Quilkey, John J., 1991. "Labour Quality and Farm Labour Contracts," 1991 Conference (35th), February 11-14, 1991, Armidale, Australia 146392, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Basu, Kaushik & Fields, Gary & Debgupta, Shub, 2007. "Labor Retrenchment Laws and their Effect on Wages and Employment: A Theoretical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 2742, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eggertsson, Thrainn, 1998. "Sources of Risk, Institutions for Survival, and a Game against Nature in Premodern Iceland," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Rose, Elaina, 2001. "Ex ante and ex post labor supply response to risk in a low-income area," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 371-388, April.
- Basu, Kaushik & Fields, Gary S. & Debgupta, Shub, 2000. "Alternative Labor Retrenchment Laws and Their Effect on Wages and Employment: A Theoretical Investigation with Special Reference to Developing Countries," Working Papers 00-11, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Selim Gulesci, 2012. "Labor-tying and poverty in a rural economy:evidence from bangladesh," Working Papers 460, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2006. "The effects of agrarian contracts of a governmental intervention into bonded labor in the western terai of Nepal," CMI Working Papers WP 2006: 6, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Espen Villanger, 2006. "Is bonded labor voluntary? A framework against forced work," CMI Working Papers WP 2006: 7, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.