Equilibrium Long-Term Labor Contracts
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Quarterly Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 98 (1983)
Issue (Month): 3 (Supplement)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1976. "Temporary Layoffs in the Theory of Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 937-57, October.
- Chari, V V, 1983.
"Involuntary Unemployment and Implicit Contracts,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 107-22, Supplemen.
- Arnott, Richard J & Hosios, Arthur J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1988.
"Implicit Contracts, Labor Mobility, and Unemployment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1046-66, December.
- Richard J. Arnott & Arthur Hosios & Joseph Stiglitz, 1990. "Implicit Contracts, Labor Mobility and Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 2316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Arnott & Arthur Hosios & Joseph Stiglitz, 1983. "Implicit Contracts, Labour Mobility and Unemployment," Working Papers 543, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Akerlof, George A & Miyazaki, Hajime, 1980. "The Implicit Contract Theory of Unemployment Meets the Wage Bill Argument," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 321-38, January.
- Barro, Robert J & Grossman, Herschel I, 1971. "A General Disequilibrium Model of Income and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 82-93, March.
- Vince Eagan, 1986. "Notes on implicit contracts and the racial unemployment differential," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 81-91, June.
- Borys Grochulski & Yuzhe Zhang, 2013.
13-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Rachel Hayes & Scott Schaefer, 2000. "Bonuses and Non-Public Information in Publicly Traded Firms," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1550, Econometric Society.
- Erica L. Groshen & Mark E. Schweitzer, 1996. "Macro- and microeconomic consequences of wage rigidity," Working Paper 9607, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- John Haltiwanger & Michael Waldman, 1984. "Insurance Aspects of Labor Market Contracting: An Overview," UCLA Economics Working Papers 348, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Andy Snell & Jonathan Thomas, 2006.
" Labor Contracts, Equal Treatment and Wage-Unemployment Dynamics,"
CDMA Conference Paper Series
0603, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Andy Snell & Jonathan P. Thomas, 2010. "Labor Contracts, Equal Treatment, and Wage-Unemployment Dynamics," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 98-127, July.
- Andy Snell & Jonathan Thomas, 2006. "Labor Contracts, Equal Treatment and Wage-Unemployment Dynamics," CESifo Working Paper Series 1835, CESifo Group Munich.
- Andy Snell & Jonathan Thomas, 2006. "Labour Contracts, Equal Treatment and Wage-Unemployment Dynamics," ESE Discussion Papers 144, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Jonathan P. Thomas & Andy Snell, 2009. "Labor Contracts, Equal Treatment and Wage-Unemployment Dynamics," 2009 Meeting Papers 179, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Holzer, Harry J & Montgomery, Edward B, 1993.
"Asymmetries and Rigidities in Wage Adjustments by Firms,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 397-408, August.
- Harry J. Holzer & Edward B. Montgomery, 1990. "Asymmetries and Rigidities in Wage Adjustments by Firms," NBER Working Papers 3274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacquet, Nicolas L. & Tan, Serene, 2012. "Wage-vacancy contracts and coordination frictions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(3), pages 1064-1104.
- John Geanakoplos & Takatoshi Ito, 1982. "On Implicit Contracts and Involuntary Unemployment," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 640, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Lin, Chung-cheng & Yang, C.C., 2008. "The firm as a community explaining asymmetric behavior and downward rigidity of wages," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 390-400, November.
- Jokivuolle, Esa & Keppo, Jussi, 2014. "Bankers' compensation: Sprint swimming in short bonus pools?," Research Discussion Papers 2/2014, Bank of Finland.
- Englmaier, Florian & Muehlheusser, Gerd & Roider, Andreas, 2014. "Optimal incentive contracts for knowledge workers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 82-106.
- Abigail S. Hornstein & James Hounsell, 2013. "Managerial Investment in Mutual Funds," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2013-005, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Atreya Chakraborty & Christopher F. Baum, 1997. "Poison Pills, Optimal Contracting and the Market for Corporate Control: Evidence from Fortune 500 Firms," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 393, Boston College Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.