Takeovers, Shareholder Returns, and the Theory of the Firm
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Quarterly Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 94 (1980)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate, 2004.
"Who Makes Acquisitions? CEO Overconfidence and the Market's Reaction,"
NBER Working Papers
10813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malmendier, Ulrike & Tate, Geoffrey, 2008. "Who makes acquisitions? CEO overconfidence and the market's reaction," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 20-43, July.
- Malmendier, Ulrike M. & Tate, Geoffrey, 2003. "Who Makes Acquisitions? CEO Overconfidence and the Market's Reaction," Research Papers 1798, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Marcus Clements & Harminder Singh & Antonie Van Eekelen, 2007. "Trading in Target Stocks Before Takeover Announcements: An Analysis of Stock and Option Markets," Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning and Insurance Series 2007_20, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Campa, Jose M. & Hernando, Ignacio, 2002. "Value creation in European M&As," IESE Research Papers D/471, IESE Business School.
- Terence Tse & Khaled Soufani, 2001. "Wealth Effects of Takeovers in Merger Activity Eras: Empirical Evidence from the UK," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 365-377.
- Bhabra, Harjeet S. & Huang, Jiayin, 2013. "An empirical investigation of mergers and acquisitions by Chinese listed companies, 1997–2007," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 186-207.
- Andy Cosh & Alan Hughes, 2008. "Takeovers after "Takeovers"," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp363, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Jorge Farinha & Francisco Miranda, 2003. "Run-up, toeholds, and agency effects in mergers and acquisitions: evidence from an emerging market," CEF.UP Working Papers 0311, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Firth, Michael, 1997. "Takeovers in New Zealand: Motives, stockholder returns, and executive share ownership," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 419-440, September.
- Joshua Porter & Harminder Singh, 2010. "What Factors Drive Takeovers in Australia?," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 9(2), pages 87-103, August.
- Hutson, Elaine, 2000. "Takeover targets and the probability of bid success: Evidence from the Australian market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 45-65, February.
- José Manuel Campa & Ignacio Hernando, 2002. "Value creation in European M&As," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0223, Banco de Espa�a.
- E. Diecidue & Jeroen van de Ven & G.U. Weitzel, 2008. "Shareholdersâ€™ expectations, aspiration levels, and mergers," Working Papers 08-06, Utrecht School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.